Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mini or not?

Dirt Poor ยท 2010-11-26 18:08

At what weight is an excavator a mini, what is considered fullsize?

Replies6
  1. #1rutwad2010-11-26 21:38

    I read somewhere that mini's are up to approx 7.5 metric tons, but I think different manufactures rate them differently. I guess >20 metric tons is full size.

  2. #2nedly052010-11-27 09:23

    I think it's 12000Lbs, anything above that falls in the "mid size" category.

  3. #3Dozerboy2010-11-27 16:57

    I consider a 18K hoe to still be a mini myself.

  4. #4buckfever2010-11-27 17:16

    i'd say below 14,000 would be mini. 14,001-30,000 would be mid. 30,001- 100,000 would be standered. 100,001-up would be a mass ex.:beatsme just my thoughts.

  5. #5Hokiesmokes2010-11-28 23:01

    I consider anything with the rubber tracks to be a mini. I consider the 312 class to be the smallest of the "full size" machines.

  6. #67.3stroker2010-12-05 16:12

    your dead on there