Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mini Track Loader or Utility Vehicle

TorontoGuy ยท 2024-12-14 11:15

I am in the market for a machine to plow my 1/2 acre lot as well as grade and level my gravel in the spring I was initially thinking to get a T450 or 249D type compact track loader but exploring the options of MT85 MT100 or Ditchwitch or even like a Kubota RTV X1140 UTV which are in the 25hp range Would be nice to be in a cabin when its snowing vs standing on Would like some feedback on anyone who is using this set up

Replies9
  1. #1PeterG2024-12-14 13:37

    Hey Toronto guy, what's your budget for this piece of equipment in US dollars? Are you buying new or used? Enclosed with heat, 4wd, and chains. A used little sit in Bobcat skid steer on wheels is a pretty good bang for the buck, especially for just a 1/2 acre lot.

  2. #2TorontoGuy2024-12-14 13:46

    used I missed out on a Wacker N on Iron Planet in the $14-15k range.. There is another asking $18 and might try to get it for $16.. but exploring other options as I need plows attached to UTVs

  3. #3InsleyGuy2024-12-14 22:12

    What about a Bobcat Toolcat?

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-12-18 03:53

    Should be able to find a decent older skid steer with a cab.

  5. #5PeterG2024-12-18 12:43

    Maybe something like a Bobcat S175. Where do you plan to store it? Inside a nice shop (UTV/ Toolcat), a mower shed (Mini skidsteer), a carport, out in the open (Skidsteer)? This may be something to think about.

  6. #6TorontoGuy2025-01-01 15:28

    I gave plenty of indoor space to store Was serious considering a Bobcat S185 But my mind is on a 700cc side by side. They have sufficient power to do the job.. I will also add a box blade in spring to grade the gravel

  7. #7TorontoGuy2025-01-01 15:39

    700cc side by side set up gonna save me about 50% from my initial skidsteer set up..

  8. #8OMF2025-01-25 15:46

    Get yourself a smaller skidsteer, it will be way more useful around your property. I had 3 Acres for 20 years and never had one, but wished for one all the time....it just wasn't in the cards for us.

  9. #9Welder Dave2025-01-25 19:50

    Side by side might push a little snow but won't do much of anything with a box blade. 700cc's is a pretty small engine and will be taxed pretty good even in heavier snow.