Hi, I have an ASV RC 30, The Drive and Loader Function will Stop functioning intermittently. When it happens it happens more abruptly than lifting the safety bar or releasing pressure from the seat switch. I have tested the door, safety bar, and seat switch. They are all working well. When im using the loader and it happens it sometimes shudders like the hydraulics are working for a sec and then they arnt, then they work again then they stpp. It is quite jerky. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on how to troubleshoot the Pilot Generation Solenoid Bank. I would like to be able to find out if it is an intermittent electrical issue, or a stuck valve. Also, anyone had experience with an issue like this? Am I on the right track?
I would remove floor plate and have a visual of block and related wiring. Few years back, mine had some rodent damage, also you should be able to hear audible clicking, when ever using lap bar or seat switch, door lock, eng off, key on. All your safety switches, use a common ground, which activates safety relay, which supplies power to pilot solenoids. Also check under hydraulic tank, there is a common ground connection, with several wires, that can come loose, and cause lots of issues. You can use a magnet to check lap bar switch.
X2 on the valve check, it's right behind your calves, as seated in the operators position...
I had this same problem on my RC30, and it was the grounds under the hydraulic tank....they were loose and covered in a dirt/hydraulic fluid slime that wasn't providing the best ground source. Access to the grounding bolt isn't great, so it's easy to neglect it. Cleaned them all up, and tightened the tank down (all 4 were loose) and it was fixed. Late to the thread with this info, but may help someone down the line....
Thanks for the info, we just acquired an RC 50, will keep this in mind…