Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mini-zerk or ***?

towbar · 2024-09-17 17:32

I've never seen these lubrication fittings before, they were certainly overdue. A 5/16" eyeball joint, the fittings is barely 1/8" in diameter. In this application what is being lubricated, the threaded bore, the eyeball, or both? They're called flush-mount grease fittings but I see no mini-gun to fill them.

Replies9
  1. #1MarcusZ19672024-09-17 17:37

    Where did you find the grease able joint? https://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Lubrication-5803-Grease-Needle/dp/B0002SR6XE

  2. #2towbar2024-09-17 17:55

    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0C7QMV7KG That fitting goes on the grease-gun tube but how does the grease get into the fitting? You just press and that backs it up with enough pressure? Since I posted I've seen some others at like$75!!!!

  3. #3MarcusZ19672024-09-17 17:59

    The needle depresses the ball and hold n pump.

  4. #4Camshawn2024-09-17 21:30

    Those look like oil ports. My lathe has something that looks similar. Just hold the pump oil can up to the fitting and pump. The oil pushes the ball down and it springs back up. Cam

  5. #5MarcusZ19672024-09-17 22:47

    Swivel and the end of the thread.. Going by the pix on that Amazon link you posted.

  6. #6towbar2024-09-18 08:20

    I'm just finishing up and maybe taking a PTO teleflex on shakedown today (pictures tonight if done). It's got two of these on the ends. I don't think I need to lube them since they are new but I'll have to try so as to be up to speed. Will need to buy the adaptor which is always a two-week deal. I bought enough elbows to have spares so I can even do it on an unused one and watch what goes on inside

  7. #7towbar2024-09-28 19:04

    Forgot the pictures The guy who made the cable made one of the ends with a 6 inch protrusion that I didn't want. The total length was what I asked for although even that was wrong because what I was modeling on wasn't the OEM one. On the front I took care of 2" with an adapter (blue) while at the handle I dropped the bulkhead fitting 1-1/2" and raised the handle base 2-1/2". It works although there is NO spring holding it in disengaged and no lock holding it in engaged. I don't know, never saw one of these before in my life! I tested static, no problem; the dynamic testing is yet to be done.

  8. #8.RC.2024-10-01 06:29

    Grease fittings you use a chainsaw grease gun on. Oregon® Grease Gun for Chainsaws, Pre Loaded All Purpose Lubricant, Self Dispensing Design 26365 | Oregon Products www.oregonproducts.com They can also be used for oil.

  9. #9MarcusZ19672024-10-01 06:32

    Heh.... I got two of those things and didn't even thunk of them.... That works if there is room.