Hi, How do people get costs for mining equipment? Diggers, trucks and ancillary equipment. Things I am looking for are: Repair & Maintenance Costs (Basic) Repair & Maintenance Costs (Unscheduled/Accidental) Grease/Oil consumptions Tray Life Tray Cost Tray Overhaul Cost Tyre Life/Replacement Cost Capital Costs Mobilisation/Demobilisation Costs G.E.T etc etc... I imagine many keep this data keep this close to their chest but are there paid services which compile this data? I am also looking for productivity data of various equipment - particularly diggers.
Call the equipment dealer and talk to a parts and service sales representative (pssr). They are usually fairly accurate in this regard. But tyre wear is a crapshoot depending on operating conditions, tray life can be too If the rock is abrasive or soft. Assuming your eworking for an investment group that wants to venture into mining?.
Some of what you are looking for is in the Caterpillar "Performance Handbook"