Just thought I'd post some pics of some big mining gear from sites I've been at (sorry it took a bit thorleif!) , the two shovels are a Demag H655S (Being serviced), and a Liebherr 996 (Getting bucket Teeth) , and the Trucks are a 930E Komatsu Electric, and a couple of 797B's (B for bloody big), one with a 793B! Cheers :drinkup
Total thanks Cat Dr.:notworthy . It was definately worth the wait, and please fee free to post some more anytime!.
By the look of those trucks you must be at goonside
You see a lot of pics of the big machines but having something beside them like men or service trucks really show how big the are. Good pics!:thumbsup
Great pics Cat Dr. :thumbsup
Awesome! Out of curiosity, do those little tire blocks really prevent something as massive as a 797B from rolling?
Could well be! They're actually pretty good as far as rolling is concerned, but if you drive you'll go clear over the top of them and crush them!
Cool pics. You can tell you needed to be far away to get whole machines in pic.
Cat 797 Truck at speed and D475A-5 under load. How about that for diplomacy gents...
Here's some more, a Liebherr 994B digger, 24H Grader, D90K Drill & D11R Tractor!
Excellent, more nice pictures . Those mining trucks must take some hammering, especially with the demand/pressure for productivity.
That cat at speeds looks cool.
Good pics of some big equipment, thanks for sharing. DP
Heres a couple:
I'm surprised at the number of fire extinguishers I see in the larger equipment. Are fires common on them? I realize the loss would be huge if the machine was lost to fire, is this just cheap insurance?
good pics country boy:thumbsup ,i like the color of the cat 793b.I never see white and orange color on a 793b.Also,the dozer is pushing a HUGE:jawdrop boulder.I like these pictures!!!
Look at size of skidmark that boulders leaving
Thats the biggest boulder i have see in my life!!!
All of our equipment is equipped with fire supression systems. This is insurance against several things: 1. Its always there. Somebody didn't borrow the extinguisher when it was needed most. 2. Ease of use. All you have to do is pull the pin, hit the button and run. A person who is completely untrained on fire suppresion can save the machine from total destruction while being at a safe distance. 3. System is easily expandable. Its hard to tell from the pictures but those appear to be retardent canisters instead of actual extinguishers themselves. The bigger the machine, the more coverage is needed. Our 992 has 5 canisters.
By no means am I a pro on surface equipment but I know that underground there is a requirement to have a certain about of fire fighting equipment for different amounts of flamible liquids on the unit. We run ansel fire supprestion systems on all the larger equpment. The amount of bottles is set by size of hyd, fuel, engine oil and so on. That make sence? Hope so. :drinkup
Thats correct. I forgot that part. :thumbsup
I have thousands of pictures, but most are not my own and I won't post them without permission. Here are a couple of mine though Brian
Good pics Alco. :thumbsup That 793 sure is shiney.
Just amazing pics. Question for those who work on or run the haulage trucks. Do they all come with scale systems or is that optional?? At work we have a AD-45 cat underground truck and it has a scale system that can log tonnage. Just wondering if the surface guys do the same???
Very nice pics! :thumbsup I like that Bucyrus shovel. It looks pretty new. I didn't know they still made them. We have an old Bucyrus Erie crane. Its an early 50s model. Still runs like a top though.
At our quarry, the loaders have the scales. That makes only 3 sets of scales instead of 14. Those scales are only used when the trucks are loading railcars. When the loaders and trucks are running production in the pit, the conveyor belt has scales to keep up with the tonnage. The trucks dump into the crusher, the rock falls onto the belt and the scales log the tonnage. I'm sure there are several other ways to do it but thats what we use.
AWESOME!!!!!!!! great pics guys:thumbsup
very great pictures:cool2 :drinkup
Is that Komatsu stuck? (Front tires look stationary, is all.)
Looking at the pile of material behind the truck I think he's just dropping a load at the dump.
I took the 797 and the D475A-5 picture myself too. However I think in the oilsands you now have to have high level permission and a pass to carry a camera.
I've heard the same , but don't really know . I'm pretty sure cell phones are a big no-no too . We have a few members here who work on the Sands . Care to comment ? I DO know that if you are up in Fort Mac doing any environmental samplings or studies , you are required to sign many forms/contracts stating that you cannot talk/write or use any other form of communication to anyone other then your supervisor . The big ( HUGE ) conglomerates near Ft. Mac. have pretty much sealed out and totally control everything related to pollution or hazardous wastes north of Edmonton , especially all the media . Anyway , didn't mean to go off on a tangent . I'm digging ( ) the photos . Keep them coming . :notworthy
WOW canada must really like the $$$$$$$$$$ comming out of there. Because that would never fly here. Sounds like they can do as they wish.
Yep, it was too muddy for the truck to pull away after it dumped. As for a camera pass, around the plants you have to have a pass and clear all pictures through public affairs before you post them. In certain mines, if you get the ok from the shift leader, you can bring a camera onsite and snap pictures as long as it is not of a sensitive subject and shows no safety issues. To publish any of them you are supposed to clear it through public affairs. Believe me, they are far from having total control of the media when it comes to pollution or hazardous waste issues. The media has a great nose for when something big happens and is always there to cover it. Brian
Here are a few more pictures. Brian
Sweet pictures!:thumbsup
Here are a couple of the truck getting pulled out. Brian
cool pictures,i like the red shovel.
How to download? I have pic's of that bucket wheel excavator in Germany scooping up a D6 in it's wheel. I don't know how to get it from my E-mail to this site. Can I e-mail it to someone and have you do it? It is very cool to see a 45,000lb Dozer scooped up like a stone!
Tomm, its already been posted here at least once...I don't know how to find it but its here
O.K. I'll shut up then
Nice. Thanks, all (and alco)
Most excellent pictures Brian. It's just a shame they don't offer guided tours into the oil sands like they do in some other mines . I've seen that there's a visitors centre/center but I'd much prefer to get up "close" to the action. But then I'd also like to be able to take lots(just some even!) of film and photos but judging by the previous posts it seems that I'd need to be parachuted in to get anywhere near the place...... . Also, is anybody else planning to get the Brami MT4400ac model(due out in July) ?. Brami have told me(just from a standard email reply) that it will have the actual dump body you see in the photo picture so for me it will be nice to have a different style of mining truck/dump body for my collection and that they are planning to release some pictures a couple of days before Bauma, so we might see something in about two weeks time!.
RH200(brand new, during assembly), 830Es and 5130 on towhaul(ouch). RH200 RH200 RH200 RH200 LeTourneau loading 830E 5130 on towhaul 830E 830E A40D
Wow
Thorleif, They do in fact offer guided tours of the mines, and you are allowed to bring cameras. Unfortunately, you don't get quite as close to the big stuff as you do on some of the tours at other mines. Traxs, I like the pictures of the RH200. If I am not mistaken, that is the unit they flew into Diavik. Have you seen the rest of the pictures of the fly in and assembly? If not, let me know. Brian
yeah, I was there all along, I worked in the maint. shop in the back. I have at least 100 pics and a few vids of it being built and when the parts arrived.
I haven't seen them. :cool2
I'll post some more then!!! just gimme a few mins....
Could I ask a favor........could you post the actual picture instead of a photobucket link. I only have my work computer to work with and the boss man don't let me click photobucket links. I know, I know.......I'm cheap huh.
Those Duratray bodies look nice... Australian if I'm not mistaken?
Man, thats a big honkin bed. What do they go on?
It looks like an 830 box
830E... There are some nice pics on their site: http://www.duratray.com/index.html
hey guys, heres a couple more truck pics, one of a 793D and one of a 797B and 793D from the rear still hunting for more....... am on holidays will post more when I get back! cheers! :drinkup
wow,great pics .The 793d look new.Thanks wulf for the link to the duratray web site
@ Brian, oh, I see, I didn't know that. Hmmm, to be honest it just depends on how close you do get to make it worth my while going(I live a long, long way away). I wonder, are we talking half mile distance viewing or standing "nearby" distance?. @trax, excellent pictures, thanks for posting . @ can anybody tell me how get a picture to upload on here?. I know how to copy and paste and do it but couldn't get it to work on here .
That should help
Let's see if this works..........Cheers Squizzy!!. Oh, by the way does anybody know where the mine and truck in the picture are, and where I might find some more pictures of the truck?. I notice theres a #67 beneath the light bracket and on the side of the dump body if this might serve as a clue?.
i like the color of terex truck:cool2
There finally...
Man those are some earthmovers!! :notworthy I am curious about the pictures of the front shovel in the first series of pictures. I have heard in equipment that large, that there is two operators on the stand at all times, plus, a full time greaser. Is that correct?
Man some of you guys get to play in the big sandbox. Looking at these shall we say large shovels? Remined me I saw a show where one I think it was even bigger it was powered by electricity. It dragged it's power cord as it moved. I think it used the energy of a small city to power. But all the ones I see posted seem to be diesel powered. Why??? Sorry off topic.
more pics...
great pics:notworthy this is a big shovel!I like also the truck.
Well in that one theres only one operator, per shift, 12hr shifts w/breaks & lunch. Oh, and I don't know about the full time greaser. You mean that it shoots grease non-stop?? I doubt that, imagine the amount of grease! man, that be a dirty machine...
Well this one is working in the bottom of a deep pit, middle of nowhere(300km from nearest city), no access to power. 5 industrial diesel generators produce power for the camp.(and they are far from the pit) It moves around quite alot, blasting, sharp rock; that power cord would get destroyed and would not be reliable. But in a sand quary, electric shovels should be better(less maint.).
Thanks traxs.
Heres a pic for ya! I'd hate to have the two guys wrestling the power cords job.
There must be some struggling and cursing to connect the power cord to the shovel (especially at -40) but there are some neat attachments available to handle the cable, such as the reel and cable grapple at the top of the link below: http://imac.ca/products/cable.htm#Cable Reelers
alco or Traxs I'd love to see those pics of the airlift of the RH200 they needed because of the fire on their original one (see the story in the link below) http://www.riotinto.com/library/reviewmagazine/79/article2-5.aspx
You and me both. That cord must be heavy and stiff and just no fun.
I seen it coming in, heard it, but I dont have any pics of it. The only thing I have is a cut-out newspaper article from YK. I have pics of the hitachi that burned. Also of the terex parts as they were coming in. But not the lift. It flew to the airport.
wulf, what part of the coutry are you from?
Looking at all these pictures makes me wanna head out west even more. If it wasn't for the cost of living............. Most of your pics Traxs are from the Yukon no? Hows it like to work up in there? expensive to live?
Traxs, Those are amzing photos! Is there anything special you guys do with your equipment during the winters up there?. I have had excavator tracks freeze to the ground before but for a day or two. I can't imagine what it would be like at 30-40 below. Do you leave your equipment run all night?
The pics are from the NWT, 300km NE of yellowknife. The site is on an island in the middle of Lac De Gras. We were contractors so we did 4 or 6 weeks on and 2 off. The employees of the mine itself do 2 on 2 off. At the time I lived in Quebec so lots of flying. In the winter time(sept-mid may), it gets pretty cold, an average of -35c. We've seen -70c with wind. Sun comes up at 11am and goes down at 2:30pm. Whiteouts are happen a few times thru the winter, you have to stop where you are if your driving/operating because you can't see 6 feet ahead of you. Theres ice 'till july on the lake. This summer we had record breaking temperatures, 25c. It's like a desert up there, only rock and flat. Lots of mosquitos. And daylight thru most of the night, so garbage bag over the dorm window! I've seen the nicest sunsets/sunrises up there. Work is 12hrs, day or night shift, 6-6. Work never stops. Here are some pics of the site:
Nice sunset/sunrise traxs. Not going to be much left of that island when you guys are done huh.
Winter is rough up there. Average of -35(without wind) -50 is common. Machines that don't run everyday are plugged in and are started by the on field mechanic a few hours before the shift. Most machines only stop for service. Ether and boosting is a good help. Gotta watch for snow accumulation in the air filter, especially after a whiteout. They blew an engine like that in the first fase. Last winter the 5130 broke down at the bottom of the pit. It took 5hrs to get it started, we had 2 frost fighters with tarps, boosted it and we used ether as a last resort, we didn't really want to use it. It was -30. Big engines are the worst. Half of the guys leave their pick-up running all night (1/4 fuel tank). Or else there plugged in.
The pit itself is off the island, so they'll blow the dike and let it fill in. It will create natural habitat for fish. As for the material that the took out, they'll leave it there, they say that it's natural for caribou to migrate over hills. They have work up there for the next 15-20 years.
Excellant pictures!:thumbsup Is that a diamond mine?
Thanks, and yes, it's a diamond mine. One of the biggest in canada. Open pit until they can't go any deeper, than it's underground mining.
Was thinking the fishing must be good around there. Gonna be nicer when you guys are done.
Lots of fish, big ones too. I heard that it wasn't that good tho. I heard that they live mostly at the bottom; I dunno if that's why...:beatsme
Those pictures are something else,you still at that mine?
Nice pictures traxs,does the Ecati mine?
Nope, not there anymore.
C'est la mine de Diavik. Pas trop loin de Ecati.
Here are a few pics of the airlift. Most f the shovel was brought in on board large cargo planes, so not much actually flew under the helicopter. Brian
So alco, those pics were taken in YK?? when they were loading?
Here are a couple more, bear in mind not all of the items they flew in by helicopter were for the shovel. Since they had it there, they flew in some other machines as well. The same goes for the heavylift planes, they flew in other machines as well. Brian
nice pics:scool
That's one I couldn't answer for you. These were supplied to me by a friend at Terex Mining. I would assume they were taken when loading though. I wasn't sure if they flew the plane loads out of Edmonton or not. I do know the helicopter loads flew out of Yellowknife. Brian
Yeah, they flew out of YK, cuz theres no ashphalt or trees at Diavik. The planes flew out of YK too, must be cheaper to truck it there than to fly from Edmonton.
I was wondering about that, I would have figured it may have been cheaper to fly direct from Edmonton, but I guess not. Brian
yeah, everything came from YK. The airport up there isnt that busy. The chopper came from russia to YK. They work with G&G expediting. When I left they flew my stuff(tools, etc) to YK and than trucked it to Quebec.
Small world, I use to work on that very same 655!
And here's some pics from down under. The dragline is a P&H 9020, 1 of 3 in the Hunter Valley mining region in NSW. Several more can be found in QLD.
And a Hitachi EX5500-6, same mine as the Dragline above. They have also recently purchased an EX8000-6 to go along with their existing fleet of a Komatsu PC4000-6, Hitachi EX3500-5, P&H 4100XPB and a WA1200-3 (Which they have tendered for a second WA1200-3)
Nice shots, thanks for posting them. Feel free to post a whole bunch more!
The extent of soundproofing machines at Mt Arthur Coal and Mt Owen Complex coal mines in the Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia.
Some photos from the Kalgoorlie Superpit in WA, Australia.
**** poor job despatch is doing there!!!!
What about the "Carry Back" in the first truck to be loaded?
think it has something to do with the down hoe?
Some more pics for you fanatics out there! One Hitachi EX3600-6 and two Hitach EX5500-6's, One Komatsu 830E AC and a LeToilette L-1850!
Those are some sweet pictures! Thanks for sharing!
chris5500 how many letourneau loaders are currently in sevice in Australia
To be honest I'm not sure of the exact figure. I know there is an L-1850 at Cadia Valley Operations, L-1850 at Brockman 4, L-1850 at KCGM, an L-2350 at Sino Iron Ore and an older version L-1400 or L-1800 at Ravensworth Operations. I know there are a few in the Hunter Valley and the Pilbara region of WA (Not that many in the Pilbara nowadays though because they have been chased out from bad performance), no idea on QLD or the rest of the mining regions in Aus. I'm sure someone here will be able to answer the question for you though! If you asked me the same question on a WA1200 however, I would be able to answer
do you by any chance have photos of the older L-1400 loader and older L-1800 loader at ravensworth operations
Unfortunatley I don't, but I have a mate who works there, if your interested then I could contact him to take some?
yes i am interested in seeing photos of the older letourneau L-1800 and Older L-1400 loader at the ravensworth operations and could you have him take some of the mining haulers and if they have any mass excavators photograph some photos of them please
Hunter Valley No.1 had a L1800 and a L1350 when I was there! Rattle of the W1200 in OZ Chris! There must be 1 for every 12 CAT 994..........Hahaha!
Just been informed that there was an L-1400/1800 at Bulga, one or more 1800's at Warkworth. Not quite sure the ratio is that high Rod! Anyhow, last time I saw the figure for the 1200's was back in June when I was in Brisbane, somewhere in the low 40's, pretty sure none have landed since, but two are currently on a voyage from the factory to Moolarben coal, 1 due at the end of the month, Bulga coal are also number crunching for a second to add to their fleet. Pic as requested by mayrklaus, not a fantastic one, but a picture never the less. Bulga Coal's EX8000, note the dead 475's which have been cannibalised! Also the Hitach EH5000 truck which they got "given" as a promotional demo/trial truck upon purchase of the 8000 - been on the erection pad since June I believe and hasnt moved since - major problems which are still being resolved.
chris5500 you take amazing pictures what other mining equipment have you photographed
hello friends AT FIRST VERRY SORRY FOR THE BAD QUALITY OF THE PICTURES BUT THE SCAN. chris if you are interessted i can send it to you by post the original. the pictures are from bulga coal before 2000. best regards klaus
Thanks for the offer klaus, very kind of you, but the pictures you posted are just fine I tried to send the 8000 pic to you via pm, but couldnt attach the file, I posted here instead because I knew you would find it, and you did! I have too many photographs! Albums full of them, not to mention the ones on my computer. The majority of the photos I post are my Dad's, from places he has worked/visited. I think my 1st encounter (which probably got my passion for plant equipment started) was when my mother photographed my Dad and I, and our rental car in front of the blade of a D10 in Tenerife when I was very young (which is part of the Canary Islands, off the northwest coast of mainland Africa) which nowadays would be the size of a D11, I'll try and dig it out from the garage on the weekend so Gavin84w can drool!
klaus do you have any other photos of mining equipment that were before 2000
chris 5500 can you please contact your friend about getting pics of the older L-1800 and Older L-1400 loaders and the other equipment at mine your friend works at and also do you have an online photogallery so i can view all the mining equipments photos you have taken and photos your dad has taken
No dramas buddy, I wont see him until the end of the month (lost his phone number), so probably wont get the photos until early December, but be patient, I will get them! Sorry, but I dont have any online photo galleries just yet, often thought about setting one up though to share the heavy equipment love, maybe I'll look into it on my next roster days off. Will be going on a little road trip in the next few months to the western Australia so I'll have plenty more happy snaps to post then. Notice the 3 stick cylinders and bucket cylinders on "Dorris" (EX51 - Demag H455 at Bulga Coal, R.I.P!) They used to love that machine, small bucket, too much breakout and tear-out for her own good, used to dig like a demon, went and replaced her with a PC4000-6 (Dont go there, the mine thought they knew best!)
At the weigh-in :guns This is from the site where CAT793, Gavin84w and I once worked at.
Interesting angle.......they almost look simular! Backing into Bay 2 at the Workshop shows a fairly different story????
Not my photo, but a better one for the comparison.
YUP............WA1200 is the Daddy! Got a Meaty Note too! What is the Engine count for the two Boggers to date at CVO? 7,8 or 9????
47000 HRS and the engine has never been out of that 994, pretty good testament to it but only if they had WA1200 reach to load 93,s it would be a thing of gold. Chris how long until Komatsu bring out the WA1000 to go at the 993K?
Send me a pm Rod, I'll gladly tell you I see how it is, 2 vs 1! But your right, you cant beat that. Is she still up the dump or has she been moved off site, my old man seems to think she's up the dump but I thought I saw some pics on DHS of her removal from site? Havnt heard anything along those lines Gav, heard plenty about a WA1400 though!
We would go Head to Head on Rear Axle Trunions though.............. You see they scattered around like "Skittles".
Gravel pits and mines fall under the loving guidence of MSHA thus the reason for so many extinguishers.... i think lol.
hello i have no ,ore pictures from the machines before 2000. is the mine where the loaders are working cadia mine. best regrads klaus
Pretty amazing fleet of 797s. That is some serious dirt moving. This is not my picture... i don't even know where this mine is... I assume Australia though since they're driving on the wrong side of the road. rofessor
Yep, thats right Klaus, how are you anyways?
It is Freeports Grasberg mine in Indonesia, big fleet of 793,S 12 x 797,s and a bunch of 930E Komatsus 12000+ feet above sea level and 11m rain a year there, it,s like mining on the moon they say.
hello i am very busy at the moment . sometimes i look there i will send you a mail in the next days. best regards klaus
Aamazing equipment pics , guys keep 'em coming. Who has the largest truck...797? Or is there bigger?
Amazing picture. I would love to have alook at this mine upclose.
there are 3 trucks competing for the largest truck currently, the liebherr T282B, the Cat 797F, and the TEREX MT6300AC
Cadia Valley operations ???
Isnt that a PC8000 getting serviced...at Cadia???
Thats right Rod.....Komatsu...how well did the WA1200 go in its first few years...
LOL!! is that all....
Looking off the point shivs, great place to take a nap
Hi all, We are trying to recreate the internal cabin of the Letourneau L-1850. Does anyone happen to have any photos/pictures that you can post (or send me) please? [email protected] Thanks Ben
You don't happen to work for Immersive Technologies by any chance do you ..?
Of course now there is the Extended Lift 994 to load 93's. Getting the engine out of a 994 is not a job you really want to be doing on a regular basis ........... I think it was installed originally with a Size 10 shoe-horn. I thought I was doing well to get 31,000 hours out of a 994 engine, but in my defence on that machine it was without any mid-life overahuls and also operating at 13,000ft (4000m) above sea level.
The white Hitachi EH 5000 a couple of pages back that was at Bulga is truck 301 at Liddell in the Hunter these days. Did a bit on that sucker along with the other 17 EH 5000s there.
The engine in a 994 is more if a counter-weight than a power plant to say. The oldest 994 here is like the third unit ever built or summit. Ain't on the original PP that's for sure. The WA1200 is the breaker loader and can even out perform the L1850's. the company use the LeT & 994 to load coal / rock into 830E's and 930E' so I think you need to blow the tires up if it cannot load 93's. Should be a 994H here in a wh'ile. Will be interesting to compair the three big loaders.
In all the shovels/draglines I've ever been around the purpose of the full-time greaser was to make sure that everything that should be getting lube from the various autolube pumps was ACTUALLY getting it, check on the lubricant tank levels and call for the lube truck to top off as required, plus his most important job - keep the inside of the machinery house clean .............
All the big shovels here have auto-lube and only one person on it. The auto lube has transducers before the injectors on each circuit and will trigger a 30 second shut down if the pressure is not reached. Also if an injector is on the fritz the pressure will not build or the extended duration will trigger a 'Lube duration fault' 30 second shut down. Also the outside temp plays a huge roll, the pressure in the lube room will read different from the pressure at the injectors. The LeT's have a weird system that times pressure to a specific duration then pressure must remain till the cycle shuts off. Imagine the OGL? You should see the grease on the shipper shaft, stick and swing gear.
Most the machines that I see are over lubing on the OGL and it makes a huge sticky mess
Well on the Shovels it's not a case of "Too much OGL" it's a case of not managing the excess. On the P&H's the stick runs directly on the shipper pinion, metal to metal so needs grease often. Also the stick "slides" in the saddle blocks need it often if adjusted correctly. The way the new 70+ yard buckets are designed the OP needs to pull the bucket in close and swing into the face. This causes side loading and will shine them sticks up in no time.
these heavy truck pics are very nice ...
Awesome pics! I love looking at pics of equipment I don't normally get to see. Thanks
Actually it was a D8R that was picked up. Pictures posted here: Hal
Here a pic I shot for a Photo comp on another forum. Anyone tell me anything about the Boom / Stick on the shovel? http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/rosspec/Trucks And Shovels/D11TXPB.jpg
We did a certified power train rebuild on a 24h a few months back. When we pulled it in the shop it took up a whole bay by itself. Please understand we can normally park a couple of 966 loaders end to end or a couple of 330 excavators facing each other in the same bay so thats fairly substancial.
Could you be a bit more specific Ross? Are you referring to how it appears his limits are messed up or disabled? Or perhaps how it appears that his stick is running dry?
It looks like the upper stick is seeing a bit of chatter with the vertical lines of bare metal in the OGL. Is it over lubing and pealing off? Its hard to tell so far away
Na nothing to do with limits or grease. The saddle blocks are a give away.
Limits look ok to me there Brian and the grease looks fine. Just a light film is all that's required. Heres another Looks ok. Maybe the first pic was affected by sun spots. Also the upper side part of the stick dont run on slides so the grease just accumulates up there.
I've personally seen some fairly large equipment burn, mostly from Hydraulic fluid spraying when lines burst. If I'm not mistaken the world's largest stripping shovel (Marion 6360) burned for that reason. Also have seen fires started on Draglines by weld sparks getting into concentrations of Open Gear Lube, such as around the swing racks and inside tubs. Most big Draglines have a pretty serious fire protection system installed.
Blitz 138, Where is this Page Dragline that you have the picture from the boom point?
I'm going to disagree on the limits, with the stick in a neutral position like that, you shouldn't be able to get the torque box in that close to the boom. The limits are set outside what P&H says is OK. As for the grease, it looks much better in the second picture, but the first one appears to show a dry stick, which is indicated by the light coloured blotches along the wear surface.
Ah well I think they are ok .. Its only designed to prevent metal contact .. The Bail looks to be clear an easy 6ft from the boom .. The second stage bubble is probably reached or very very close but thats done with the bail up near the Boom point sheaves .. Maybe the picture is mis-leading .. If I get up on that machine later I will have a go at setting the 4 way up .. And nobody got an idea about the front end make up on that machine? Take a Guess .. Look at photos of different 4100's .. Am sure it will click .. I might post more up later ... EDIT: Maybe the stick and limit position is a clue for the question Above?
Komatsu 960e ?
Its in Colorado, I had to go back and look at the picture to remember.
I cant tell what the red box is. Is the shovel in Gillette by chance?
The red object is for tightening the shipper shaft. It's a brace to pull the shaft with a hollow cylinder. Again another clue there. Nope the machine is not in Wyoming.
blitz138 Wasn't the one I thought it was.
Let's hope I have done this correctly. Of the thousands of Mining equipment photos I have I rank this one in the top 10% of ones I like.
I agree Donns, pretty awesome pic
Donns - Butterwell was a long time ago, right .......?? http://www.flickr.com/photos/23348273@N08/2231502035/
Another: Same digger different night .. http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/rosspec/Trucks And Shovels/XPBNIGHT.jpg
^^^ That pic just won the CCM July Photo comp ^^^ Submit a photo if you think it's a winner.
Ross Looks like you are trying for a monopoly on the picture of the month. Great background plus skills make it hard to top yours.:notworthy
Ah thanks allot. 5th time lucky I suppose The big shovel shots always attract attention. I still look through the 1000's av collected over the years. Each one a memory of sorts. CCM comp ha ha ha. I ment CMN comp. To many Bud-Lite Limes.
madmark do you know the story behind the dragline, upside down? looks terrible, cool pic though
maybe too many budlites here too, i cant figure that pic out
This was at Norwick Park, QLD, Australia. The easiest way to do this is post a link. http://www.miningmayhem.com/search/label/Norwich Park?m=0 Cheers:thumbsup
got it now-cool site too
It's easy. Look at pictures of late 4100 XPB's.
Sorry mate, can't find the details on the Dragline, will keep looking
Keep looking mate, it's probably right under your nose.
I really like these types of heavy machinery. All pics are nice especially the first one with bigger tires.
I love such photos!