Hey guys, My name is Andrew, I'm a high school student from Minnesota. I will be graduating this May and I would like to go into heavy equipment in the fall of 2007 at a local college. The program offered at the local community college (Staples CLC) is called " Heavy Equipment and Operations " (I also linked to it there.) I think running bulldozers and the whole idea of excavation looks like a fun job. Not a boring job, not a stupid job, not a tiring job. I mean, granted, all jobs have crappy points as well as good aspects to them, but I think heavy equipment looks most interesting to me. I do have some questions... - How much on average does a 2-year "heavy equipment" diploma cost through college? - How much can I expect to make annually when I've got my diploma? Any advice/recommendations? Thanks guys
i searched for a few threads where schools/training were talked about
The industry needs people like you Like to see more of it. Alot of todays generation are all for desk jobs. I started at your age and at the bottom 35 years later and still at it. Had the chance to start my own business 10 years ago. Doing ok so far. DP
dang that sounds like a nice program, i like that they have seperate lessons over individual equipment. I found this program at a school in Northwest Iowa http://www.nwicc.edu/pages/programs/trade/heavy_equip.html , its seems to be really similar and its probably where i will end up going