While watching the race yesterday they ran a Dodge commercial showing a dually towing a full sized Case hoe on a trailer. I personally feel this is very poor judgment to tow something that heavy and high with a lighter truck like that. While the truck has enough power to move the load handling and stopping are totally different things. Chevy does the same thing with their boat hauling ads as does Ford. Are these companies overstepping common sense just for sales push? Lots of folks have never towed heavy loads and have no experience with what happens when the load pushes the towing vehicle around. Am I just being over cautious or do they really push unsafe actions with these ads?
Man, I wanted that hoe. Screw the truck.
I was looking through one of the trade magazines the other day and Chevy had an ad showing a dually hooked up to a GN with what looked like a JD 310 on it. Like you said Bill it may not be false advertising but there should be a disclaimer like they have for drug commercials. Something like - "If you're an idiot, don't try this at home."
My favorite was the Ford ad a few years back; an icebreaker ship (probly 1000 tons and 15000 hp) hit some ice that was too thick, and they lowered an F-350 over the side onto the ice, and it pulled the ship through. Now I doubt many idiots have an icebreaker at home..., but it has probably inspired some of the people who asked me, "you really think your trackhoe can outpull a diesel pickup?"
Misleading ads: Most likely not Mitch... maybe just that old guy that lives in Northern Minnesota... bah ha ha hba OCR... lol
Remember the old TV commercial, I believe it was a F150 carrying a Dodge across the bed and pulling a Chevy (or vise a versa) up a pile of rock? That was realistic...
Misleading ads: Woops... I need to make a modification to my above post, post #5. That quote could be interpreted to mean I was implying "that old guy that lives in Northern Minnesota" is an idiot. That would be hurtful, insensitive, and not true... "that old guy that lives in Northern Minnesota" is not an idiot. I'll fix it... He might have an icebreaker at home, though... :tong OCR
Hmmmmmp... i thougth an icebreaker was the joke you told the new preacher in town?
Good one Ice Man!!:lmao:lmao
I don't see what is so misleading. Unless your hinting at the fact that the dodge wouldn't make to the job before breaking down.