Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsibishi / CAT

battwig ยท 2010-02-01 02:40

Hi there, I would like some advice please if you kind people could help me. I have a Mitsibishi MM15T 1 1/2ton which has been imported from China/ Japan, I was told that the same machine was made for Cat, but painted and badged as a Cat, so what I would like to know is, what machine it is in Cat livery. Thanks Rick

Replies9
  1. #1strott2010-02-01 14:28

    Any chance of a pic?

  2. #2battwig2010-02-01 15:28

    Sorry, clean forgot to put pictures of it, this isn't mine but is exactly the same Hope this helps people Thanks

  3. #3KTBAUGH2010-02-01 19:27

    check out the caterpillar 301.5 kent baugh www.ktbaugh.com

  4. #4strott2010-02-02 14:27

    Yep Looks like a CAT 301.5, 301.6 or 301.8 If you look online you may get info on the CAT 3016c or 3018c which are the current generation of CAT mini's but I believe there are quite a few of the older generation of machines for sale so there should be some info on line - maybe the CAT website has a 'previous models' section.

  5. #5battwig2010-02-03 12:35

    Thanks for that folks:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy, it seems the 301.5 is the same

  6. #6Cal2010-02-04 15:06

    nice looking machine. learn something new everyday

  7. #7lectro882010-02-04 22:03

    This also greatly looks like a Takeuchi. (location and configuration of turret grease fitting, also swing boom, drive levers, boom, counterweight) The canopy is different. Maybe I am quick to see these errors because I see my machine (Takeuchi TB135) every day. It also looks similar to an IHI machine. http://www.takeuchi-us.com/TB016.html

  8. #8strott2010-02-05 14:25

    Takeuchi fuel caps are on top of the bonnet at the left rear of the machines whereas it appears to be on the left hand side of the machine above. I believe Taks 1.5 ton machines' also have longer dozer blades and dipper arms but I know what you mean!!!!

  9. #9lectro882010-02-05 19:10

    I let the lady of the house type the previous post, and I did not proof read it. I was billing and multi-tasking (silly me) Not Errors, I see similar features, kind of like Toyota & Lexus, Not exactly the same, but the same family tree, no dought Japanesse, as for exact sister machine, I think Strott already properly covered that. Sorry folks. I will add I think you will be pleased with it. Nice machine.