Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tak tb153fr question

05rammer ยท 2010-01-29 09:01

I am looking to purchase a mini to put a mulcher and a shear on and was wondering if there is any way to increace the auxillary hydrolic flow, sense it is very low compared to other brands.

Replies10
  1. #1stuvecorp2010-01-29 11:36

    I've asked and the word I got is no. The good thing is if we keep bugging Tak maybe they will do somesting about this.

  2. #2KSSS2010-01-29 14:15

    I called to TK and asked about combining pump flows to get more gpm and was told that you cant on this machine. However you can on a 180. This Fall the TK people came out to say hi and ask what I thought about the 153 and the aux. flow was my main issue. It does so well in so many areas but making aux. flow is not one of them. The good news in part for you may be a shear does not take much flow. The mower/mulcher of course does. Some one can feel free to call again, maybe something has changed. I made the call last Spring. Maybe if more people bug them about it, they will get make a course correction.

  3. #305rammer2010-01-29 16:46

    Thanks for the info guys. I hope they get the aux flow bumped up by the time I want to buy one, or else I'll have to buy a Deere.

  4. #4KSSS2010-01-30 14:21

    Deere/Hitachi makes good flow at the aux hyd. The rest of the machine speaking of the 50D can't compare to a 153 as far as digging characteristics. However if the machine was only to use a mower than it would likely be the better machine. Personally I am holding out that when they change the 153 over to the 200 series (make the 153 a 253 I assume) that with those upgrades they will do something with the aux. issue. CASE just updated there mini ex in a couple areas. They proportional hyd. at the aux. is one of them on the three largest models. The is exactly what the 153 needs and the 180 already has. I have run the 180 and the proportional hyd. is great. I wish they would get it together on the 153.

  5. #505rammer2010-01-30 17:31

    Do you know when they are updating the 153?

  6. #605rammer2010-01-30 17:33

    How does the 153 compare to a 60d? I know it has more hp and aux flow, other than that how do they compare?

  7. #7strott2010-01-31 14:30

    Here in the UK the 2.8, 3.5 and 5 tonners have been upgraded to the 200 series (TB228, TB235 and TB250) Are these upgrades available in the US at the mo?

  8. #8KSSS2010-01-31 18:06

    I asked but did not get an answer. None of the TB machines have been updated, but a good share of the conventional machines have. I would think it wont be long, but exactly when I don't know. I am also only guessing that they will address the low aux. flow on the 200 series. Maybe they wont do anything with it. TK certainly knows that the machine is lacking in the area. They told me that much. More and more guys are using their excavators to run aux. attachments that require some flow and this machine struggles in that area. As far as comparing the 153 and 60D I think they will be really close on digging specs. The hp I don't get very excited about. Pump arrangement and hyd. management are more important than how much hp they make, at least in my view. Deere may have comparison on the website with the TK otherwise you probably have to go to each site and look at the specs. I would like to run a 60D sometime. It would be hard to move away from that side to side boom though.

  9. #905rammer2010-01-31 20:36

    I have never ran one with a side to side boom but it sounds like it would be awsome, that is why I am looking in to the 153 over the 60d.

  10. #10KSSS2010-02-01 00:21

    Yea it really is. The machine loads trucks with ease, it is within a couple of inches of being zero swing and zero tail. If you can drive the machine into the job you can work it. Great bucket breakout, although I wish the bucket had more articulation to it. Does have a lot zerks. If they could just address a couple things it would be very near a perfect excavator.