I recently picked up a 1985 Mitsubishi 230LC excavator in great shape. There are a few superficial issues such as water temp sending unit,fuel tank sending unit and am-fm radio and light bulbs. All are 24 volt units. Does anyone know a place to purchase these parts now that CAT JAPAN took over Mitsubishi? Thanks,Dan
I had a 300 once and if you know your parts guy at Cat he can get most but they don't usually want to I guess it is to much trouble to cross everything. As far as the lights I have been using LED as they don't mind the 24 volt.
mitsubishi excavator parts Thanks Pete. Led is good advice also Dan
The joint venture arrangement happened in the late 80's, most everything has been obsoleted and no longer available by now, though truth be told CAT forced availability for a lot longer than the Japanese would have. You have to find a CAT parts guy with a lot of grey hair (ahem) or they won't even know how to cross the numbers, or that it's even possible. MHI code is 84, lol. Most of the stuff you're looking for can probably be substituted with aftermarket, though you may have to install some gauges and abandon the ones in the panel. YMMV
mitsubishi excavator parts Thanks Lan. I'm already doing the fuel sender with a universal marine.As long as the ohms are right(10 -80) that gauge will work fine. Trying to find a water temp sending unit with the same ohm range and that should work ok. Only thing left is the track adjuster piston rebuild. Shouldn't be that big a job to remove reseal and reinstall. Thanks for your input. Dan