Hi All My name is Tim from NT QLD Australia , I thought I might post some Pics of the Four link rippers I designed and manufacture in my engineering Shop for my Mitsi BD2h . I make quite a few different attachments for dozers and excavators so feel Free to ask questions . Regards Tim
Hi all sorry about not adding the pics I will do in a few days . Regards Tim
Hi Please see attached pics of my BD2 in action , I have also designed and printed the CAT D2 decal sets if anyone is interested in them .
Hi All please see pics of the rippers being manufactured and also my Asphalt and road base spreader box and leveller , I have a dual plane trimble laser which I hook up tho the spreader when doing trim work. I have a lot of pics so please feel free to ask any questions regards Tim.
Hey Tim; That's some bloody good work. I don't suppose you have the plans to make some for a BD2F? Thanks Brett
Hi Brett , mate I do have all drawings , cutting programs ect To make the rippers up . Where are you located as I could supply You a set in kit form if required . These rippers work great I first looked at a few other sets from suppliers However I was not totally happy with the desighns as they were not Parrellograme four link , just two link which still do the job however I wanted To Desighn and build a set my self . I have built them with five ripper mounts and there is also towing Lugs mounted on the main bar I you Need to pull fallen trees ect Regards Tim
Great looking work. Could you share some details and maybe more pics of the spreader box? Thanks, Greg
Hi Greg Thanks for the comment , the spreader box is somthing I came up with to lay road base and deco I do Quite a bit of trail building work for the likes of national parks ect where we will clear a trail And then overlay it with deco or road base the spreader is adjustable width ways from 1.5m to 2.5m wide and hight adjustable from 50mm to 300mm deep . I also have a leveling frame that bolts to the bottom of the box , I use this to do final leveling on ground before deco , asphalt or road base is laid . I will post some pics of it in operation, it is a great thing for any dozer . Regards Tim
Tim; As luck would have it, I just moved down to Laidley, west of Ipswich at the end of last year. Before that I spent 10 years at Mareeba, just west of Cairns, so it would have made life a bit easier being closer to you. I am interested in a kit of your rippers, I will definitely be getting a set. To be up-front, I am in the process of getting another quote from another supplier, but yours probably look at bit heavier, so depending upon price I could be interested. Can you please do me up a price and I will work out how to get me contact details to you, I'm not real keen on posting personal details on an open forum. Thanks Brett
Thanks Brett I can work a price out for sure , if you are in Ipswich thats not bad, yeah marreba would be convenient . I am guessing you are pricing a set from QC dozers ? They are a Two link set up . Mate shoot me an email on [email protected] and I will Get your details and we can have a better chat . Regards Tim
Nice gear you have made there Tim. How does the spreader box work? Jimbob
Thanks Jim . Mate the spreader box Is fully adjustable from 1m wide to 2.5 m wide and hight adjustable from 0 to 300mm in depth of material spread .i have a few site barford dumpers that I use to fill the box with and the dozer just pushes along while the dumper tips in the box once you have hight set you just drive foward and you material is deposited out the back like a road paver it works a bloody treat I have made over 200km of deco road this way I also have the Trimble dual grade laser set up on it to get things dead level . Cheers Tim
Tim, I have a BD2J and would like to obtain a set of your ripper plans. It looks ideal for these small machines. Thanks, Mike
Hello Tim, I'd like to talk with you about ordering a set of rippers for my Mitsubishi BD2H.
He's probably sold them by now as that post you replied to is eleven days short of 10 years old . Welcome to HEf
Wouldn't it be great if HEF would put something of a advance notice that a post was dormant after a couple of years or longer so one wouldn't end up reading a post to the end only to discover it was ancient history. and likely dead.
I can probably help here. I tried to buy a kit off Tim 10 yrs ago, agreed to a price (didn’t request deposit) and time frame, was going to organise a road trip to collect, as date got closer, communication got less reliable and then stopped. I tracked down the engineering business, which does exist, turned out he is or at least was (no idea now) an employee of said engineering business and not an owner as he had implied. Was told they had no idea of any order or build for me and Tim wasn't authorised to take orders/ make decisions anyway. I wasn't interested in getting screwed around anymore, so left it at that. Probably should have provided feedback earlier, might have saved some people a bit of effort.
Probably not the only one to take credit for something they didn't actually do. Even the Cat decals seem dumb. It's not a Cat D2.
Thank you for the information, I know thatey make rippers for these little machines. Any idea where I can get a set or the plans to build a set?
Sorry no, my little machine has been parked in the shed for at least 5yrs. I really need to find time to put it up for sale