Hi all, My question is regarding a Mitsubishi BD2G, which is very similar to a Komatsu D21A. The question: Are these little guys meant to have master pins in the tracks? If not, can you knock a pin out anywhere with a "gas axe" and a sledgehammer? I need to drop a link you see, to keep the tracks working a bit longer.
I just got one of these and have the same problem. I haven't been had the time to look yet. Did you ever get an answer to this?
Yes they "should" have master pins and most times will have a dimple on the end of the pin to show this... BUT if you can't find it you may need to look down each link to find the master bushing (this is a pain) BUT if you just knock a pin out you will have to spread the link to get the bushing out of the link sides. The normal bushing bascially go inside the well of the links where the master bushing doesn't so can easily be spread. Both ways work but one is hardder than the other. Good luck and I do have the chains if you want to just replace them and not worry about it.
Sorry to take so long to reply, I had lost my password and the image thingy wasn't working FKW. Yep they should have master pins, even though mine is a grey market one, it should really have split chains, but of course it doesn't. I used a oxy torch way back when I did mine.