Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Small Dozer Replacement Cutting Edge

R Leo ยท 2007-10-17 09:17

Hi Gang! I've finally started working my machine and after a few hours of sliding the blade across the ground, I think that the cutting edge on the blade could stand replacement. Any pointers on where to go to get a blade edge for a small dozer? Also, a pin-on root rake would be a handy thing as well. Any leads there would be appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1wrenchbender2007-10-17 15:50

    Hi R Leo, Around here in the upstate of SC we use a company by the name of Norris Supply great prices on cutting edges, teeth and shanks. Not sure if there's one in your neck of the woods or not. But if there is it'll be worth your time to check them out.

  2. #2R Leo2007-10-17 19:19

    No Norris Supply around here but, that gave me some ideas on what to search for.

  3. #3Orchard Ex2007-10-17 21:49

    The same shop that sells undercarriage parts also sells cutting edges etc. here. FWIW, I priced aftermarket CE's for my D-20. Komatsu's price was within $5 and I had it within 3 days. The wait on the aftermarket CE was something like 5 weeks.

  4. #4Big Iron2007-10-18 00:15

    make sure they need replacement. look at the bottom of the dozer blade, there should be at least a 1/2" of cutting edge extending below the bottom of the frog (bottom of the dozer blade assembly) if there is less than that measure the distance from the center of the bolt holes on the cutting edge to the top and bottom edge. say the distance on a new edge is 4" from the center to the edge top and bottom new and yours is 4" top and 2" bottom, you can turn the cutting edge over and you have a new cutting edge. unfortunately the corner bits cannot be turned over and you will have to buy new. if you don't the cutting edges will wear out faster.

  5. #5R Leo2007-10-18 14:31

    Thanks! I'll check these things and post the results.

  6. #6cherokee1012007-10-19 01:02

    Cutting edge I turned mine over for now. It is a four piece unit so I put the inner units on the outside to get a new end bit and the outers inside so I have a small rounded gap in the middle. Doesn't seem to hurt much. New edges later.