i have a mitsubishi bd2g dozer that i purchased several years ago, has been a great little dozer, i am having overheating problems with it, i have cleaned everything and checked it all and i have concluded it to be the thermostat, so i took it out to get me through my last job, it still overheats with it out it just takes a bit longer, pretty straight forward except i have no clue where to get a thermostat and nobody can give me a part number or anything for reference to find one. my dozer came striaght off of the shores in japan so absolutely every bit of writing on it is in japanese, haha i could really use some help thanks
Any numbers on the thermostat itself? or an engine model number? manufacturer? You could try to match the thermostat by looks alone. If you didn't know, most thermostats are "two way", that is, they close the path to the radiator and open the path back to the engine when cold, and reverse that hot, so it's not good to take them out.
Absolutely no american writing at all on the engine so i have no clue about the engine other than its a 40 hp 4 cyl, and the dozer is a 94 model i believe. The old thermostat was in the toolbox on my truck and has disappeared. Just my luck. It was very large and looked like a canister on one side. Ive only seen one other like it in my life and it was on a cummins isx engine but that thermostat was much larger but same style
http://www.pittauto.com/default.asp...stomer/piauel/customerpages/pl_mitsubishi.htm you could try these guys. I don't know of any Americans that speak Japanese, but all the Japanese I've ever met speak excellent English, maybe you'll need to email some pics of your plates to a parts seller who reads them.
Yea i went to the local tractor parts store today to try and match one to the thermo housing but he had nothing close, so we started thinkn outside the box and went to a forien resteraunt next door to get the writing translated but turns out it was chineese resteraunt and their writing is different from japaneese and they looked offended so i struck out there lol
dirtyd09, Give the good folks at Rhine Equipment a call at 253-536-0600. Dave should be able to fix you right up. May be a bit pricey!
The engine will be an S4E-2 engine. I sell manuals for Engine ,Chassis,Operator & Parts.
If you removed the thermostat and it still overheats , then your problem is not the thermostat. Your radiator needs to be cleaned and flushed. Its most likely full of scale and rust from bad antifreeze or no antifreeze. When it overheats , put your hand on the bottom of the radiator and see if its as hot as the upper part. if it is cooler, then you have a restriction or blockage.
That would actually be English
:exactly The water pump could also have greviously worn impellers, and just not pushing enough water also. I think at this point I would just bite the bullet and start removing everything. I'd get the radiator flushed and pressure tested, and repaired as needed, and I'd figure out the parts numbers for the thermostat and water pump. I'd also look to see if there is a sump of sorts upstream of the water pump which may have accumulated thirty years of rust, hard water deposits and gravel.
I have the same dozer. And had the same problem but I did find the thermostat. Here’s the information I found it on eBay.