Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi BD2G dozer help

JakeATF ยท 2010-04-22 00:08

Hello all! I joined here to get some help for my Father. He has a BD2G dozer with power shift that has been sitting up for a year unused. He lives in Missouri and I live in SC. He is not computer literate so I'm the go between. I have already helped him with information from here already. Anyway, he says after a few minutes or a couple hours use, depending on how hard its used, it will just stop moving. After a short sit, 20 minutes or so, it will run for a while longer and repeat. We both think there is a blockage in the transmission filter. He has found a cartridge filter attached to the transmission and wants to know if this is the only filter for the transmission or if there is one in the bottom like a car. I found out in here what oils to use yesterday and he then topped it off today to capacity. He said it did the same thing. I have found where to order the manuals for this dozer for him and he plans to do so in the next week or so. In the mean time, he wanted to find out where the filter was so he could change it out. If anyone has the location for an online version of the manuals or can lend any help there we would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Replies2
  1. #1bubbagoat2010-04-22 19:09

    Welcome Jake, I'm sure the folks here can help you out. Jim in Oz has helped me a lot with information on these machines. The BD2G we have is a manual transmission model.

  2. #2darinray2010-04-22 22:33

    Today, 08:11 AM #58 darinray Charter Member Join Date: Nov 2003 Location: Delevan, NY Posts: 246 There is not one like a car filter on the bottom but under the driveshaft by the pump there is a suction strainer mounted on the back side. I would change the spin on filter and clean the strainer along with new oil to see if that fixes the problem. Keep the forum posted on what happens. Darin __________________ http://www.dmmsales.com