Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi BD2G fuel and temp gauge not displaying correctly

B Abner ยท 2025-12-19 17:01

Recently while operating my dozer, I noticed the fuel, battery light and temp gauge would fluctuate wildly and they have finally stopped working. Haven't really had time to tear into it due to work. would anybody have an idea to where I should really start looking? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1B Abner2025-12-19 18:48

    Or should I just replace with new new instrument cluster?

  2. #2Welder Dave2025-12-22 20:10

    Might want to ask in the dozer forum but if all the gauges are acting up I'd suspect a ground issue or other wiring problem like loose connections or corrosion.

  3. #3JimInOz2026-01-03 17:36

    The G models are known for failed fuel gauges,etc. The early models like the F series were very simple & old school,so not so many issues with them. DM MACHINERY LLC in Buffalo,NY might be of help.

  4. #4B Abner2026-01-04 13:29

    I found the issue. It was a wire to the horn fuse, So I'm going to replace the fuse and wire in question. Thanks for the response The long term plan is to replace all the wiring when warmer weather finally arrives