I recently purchased a Bd2g dozer and it seems I’m getting hydraulic oil in the engine Oil. I know it has 2 pumps one for the steering clutches and one for the blade. I haven’t had time to really dig into it yet but anyone with some on-site on how and where this can be happening. I have a manual for it and I can’t tell where the pump for the blade is. I keep losing hydraulic fluid and gaining on the engine oil dipstick. If I get it on a sideways grade it comes out the blow by tube and is black like the engine oil. I’m hoping that someone that has had one apart can help, thanks
I believe your main hydraulic pump is driven off the engine front gear case on the right side of the machine. Your trans pump is mounted on the clutch housing. The hydraulic pump shaft seal would be the only place that I could see where hydraulic oil could possibly get into your engine. 58871-21400 Is the seal number I came up with in my parts book. If that is the correct number you should be able to get it from any Cat dealer that handles forklifts.
Thanks I’ll check it out as soon as I get a chance
Ok just following up on this. I pulled the pump off and decided to tear it apart after seeing the oil seal looked to be good. I has an internal seal that was broken letting the high pressure bypass and it was too much that the oil seal couldn’t handle it. Since I had it off I was able to get a model number off the pump and found a seal kit for it and it is working great now.
thanks for checking back. those are a handy little dozer in tight spaces.