need a small dozer to move alittle dirt around the property and do small logging jobs. the budget is small or I would be looking at a Cat or John Deere. should a guy stay away from these import dozers? guys with opinions based soley on "just buy american" save your breath. what I want to know is what should I look for, and be concerned about with these little machines. I am looking at a BD2f and I cannot find any info on the net about the things. The guy who has it for sale says he thinks it is an 89 or 90, he does not know. Where can a guy go to research these things?
I have never run a mitsu so I cant say much about them but they are built in a partnership between cat and mitsu in japan. I know cats smaller dozers are made in japan, does anybody know if their made in mitsubishi factory?
I am in the market for a small dozer and my research indicates parts may be hard to find for the mitsubishi machines.
Thats not accurate. The D3G-D5G tractors are built in a SCM facility in Japan. SCM was a 50/50 partnership between Cat and MHI. Cat is the process of buying out majority ownership in SCM. But the dozer design, as far as I know, was Cat work. In fact, the latest generation of these machines, D3K-D5K, has switched to the Cat C4.4 powerplants from the previous MHI engines (3046).
small dozer I to was in the market for a small dozer and this is what I learned. The mitsy is a good dozer but you will have problems finding some of the parts, it being a gray market machine. I was looking at a really nice mitsy machine with a 80 % undercarriage the price was 8000.00 dollars. I steered away from the unit solely because I feared the parts issue futher down the line. From people I have talked to about the machines, I am told they are very reliable. I opted for a different gray market machine. A komatsu d20-6. The parts are a little easier to find. I have to say I am really enjoying this little machine it has a 42 hp motor and has plenty of power for its size. What I mean to say is it doesn't bogg down under load it just breaks traction. The mitsy is the same weight class and hp so if you feel comfortable with the over all condition of the machine and can source the parts I'd say give it a shot.:Banghead I feel your pain, I would love a Cat JD Dresser etc..:beatsme but I just can't do that right now. Good luck!
thanks for the replies. if you can't get parts you can't get parts. sounds like a risk to buy something that may be difficult to fix, especially if the market you are in is older dozers. guess I will just keep looking
Finding parts may always be an issue with the gray market machines. If your handy you may even be able to make something work. Since its not a machine your using for production work, rather work around your place, I dont see a problem with grabbing it. A local contractor here has a Mitsu dozer, and Furukawa dozer. Both are on rubber tracks. They using the to grade sidewalks and finish up road projects. Usually backing curbs and spreading topsoil. They never really seem to have a problem with either of them. I dont know what engine it has, but im going to assume it would be the same as something that mitsu uses for trucks engines You may be able to get engine parts thru a local mitsu dealer, or an auto parts store.
I too am in the market for a small dozer to move brush piles and clear small growing trees. This is a great site. i have already learned alot.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums ProudMarineDad! :drinkup
sweeps what are sweeps on a dozer? and what is there function?
The bars going from the top of the cab to the front of the dozer are sweeps. They help to keep debris away from the operator and the machine when clearing wooded land and such.
Countryboy that's anice dozer there looks like a 76 model d6 or 8? kind of like mine. That one is much cleaner though and the tilt cylinder is on the left for mine. anyway nice machine. Is she yours?
I wish :cool2. That was just the first picture that came up when I typed in "dozer sweeps".
looks like an old 8K to me, nice dozer indeed
Komatsu D21- 1996 LGP thanks for the replies. here is another one. What does the LGP stand for?
that is for a komatsu d-21 LGP 1996 about 3,000 hrs what could a guy expect to pay for something like that in decent shape
Re: LGP That stands for low ground pressure. It is a wider track than the standard width. The wider tracks help distribute the weight of the machine over a greater area of ground. LGP's are especially handy if you are operating in a wet/soggy area. Regards Jason
My type of work requires a small dozer. I have had 3 previous (smallest made) American dozers. No American co. to my knowledge has made a small dozer since around 1985. I was looking to up date my dozer. I wanted to get a small d20 or 21 Komatsu. I knew they would be alot eaiser to get parts for and serviced if needed. I had talked to several dealers who sold both grey market machines (Komatsu and Mitsubishi) all said they felt the Mitsubishi was a better machine but would be hard to get parts for or service. My pholophsy is to pay a little more if you can and purchase the best equipement you can afford than buy one and fix it up because it gets very expensive very quick buying any thing for a dozer or backhoe. (example, I just bought a JCB 212 backhoe, with a 3 ft section of burned wireing harness, byond repair and a new one is $1,100.) I lookd at several Konatsus and ran onto a Mitsubishi with little hours. I purchased it. It does a real nice job for a small dozer and I think it has a better engine than the Komatsu. The parts distributor for them I think is Rhine Equipt. in Wash. I dont know what all they are able to get. I had a very hard time even crossing the oil filter over to a U.S made one. NAPA or no one had a cross over or even referance to it. I do 98% of the maintaince myself. Tracks, rollers, are available on E-bay from time to time. Be very careful in buying either brand as most are pretty well wore out even at low hours, (rusted) inspect it very closely and take someone with you who knows about dozers. Having work done on these dozers can cost more that the same job on a larger dozer. For example mine had very, very, low hours and from it sitting so long to be shipped from Japan to US and sitting on dealer lot, 5 pins on one chain had frozen up. I worked on it for 3 months, soaking it with every kind of penetrating oil I knew of, heated it, took the pads off and jacked it back up, drove it on pavement, but every time it came around the sprocket, would bend back the other way and would bind up. I called a Komatsu dealer and he gave me a estimate of $90. if I took the track off and the pads off, to simply press the pins out, buff them off and press them back in. I felt I had no choice and could live with that. When I went to pick it up it was $300. Just to press 5 pins out and back in. I thought that was a little high as I can purchase a new set of chains for $1500. I love the dozer for my type of work and it is not near as tireing as the older dozers were. PS. I still love the way Allis Chalmers made the little HD4. If only a newer one were made.
Mitsubishi Dozers HI fellas, I'm new on this site & enjoyed reading some of the postings here. With regard to the Mitsubishi BD2 E/F/G/H/J machines,RHINE Equipment has part of their website dedicated to Mitsy dozers. I am looking to get into parts supply too,& have a few leads out of Asia. Parts for small Jap dozers are expensive,so beware. The Mitsubishi machines come from dozer rental yards in Asia,& many are exported via auctions,to the Western countries.You need to check over the lower parts of the machines,as they are subject to snow,salt,swamps,etc over a long period of time. They are good dozers,but you need to be aware of what you are buying.Always check a machine over personally,before buying. Let me know if I can help further. Jim ( Australia) PS:Nice D8K picture.
Hi guys -- a newbie here. Great thread here....I have learned a lot so far. I just purchased a Mitsubishi BD2F without much research because I thought it was a good deal. I now have a few doubts after reading through this thread and finding out the parts issues. Anyway, it has been good to me so far. I have a question, though. My ignition is not wired correctly (I assume because it is not working correctly).....does anyone have information, or know where I can find information, on the correct wiring; Such as a schematic or something?
Bd2f Sorry,I don't have the wiring diagram for the F model....however it's a simple machine & anyone handy with wiring will work it out.Remember it's 24Volts. The F models were the last simple,non electronic Mitsubishi machines...the G models had nicer,newer instrument panel,but typically ,the result is that Fuel gauges & Hourmeters are often found to be unserviceable.Electronics & Dozers DON"T work!! Basically the Mitsys are a good little machine,well built & OK to operate. They are an excellent finishing tool,but at 4 tonnes,they won't push a lotta dirt.A ripper/scarifier added makes it a very versatile machine. Locally Rhine Equipment may source your parts.I can get parts for Aussie guys for a bit less than Dealers. Jim
right track pulls great left track only pulls when not in bind . is there any easy way to fix. pulled plugs on bottom no oil leakage.
still hope n someone might know whats wronge with my mitsubishi left track doesnt want to pull when in a bind what causes it to do this? is it easyly fixable?and how do i go about it? dozer is a BD2F checked for oil leakage on clutches pulled plugs on bottom aok.HELP PLEASE
Bd2f Hi , Your steer clutch plates are worn or bonded together. steeringclutch.com & Rhine Equipment sell plates for them. You'll get at them from under the seat.It's a bit of a job to remove the assembly,but not the worst I've worked on....at least you don't have to remove the tracks on this unit. The best you can do is buy a manual from Rhine equipment...I think the Operator manual covers the steering adjustments.I think they sell workshop manuals too.I have copies of the BS3F manuals,if needed.(BS3 =Loader Version).The Op manuals give all lube & adjustment & Operating info. Persist with this machine...they are a good little worker. Jim
BD2F won't turn right I bought a BD2F , 6 way , for $8K , runs fine. I have had a few small problems . A leaking tilt cylinder , rust hole in the oil pan , even run it out of fuel once! It has gotten to where it won't turn right. I looked in the peep hole , and the right brake is wet with rear end grease. I removed all the linkage from the mechanism , but I cannot get the top plate off. Something is holding it down. I tried losseninf(and tightening) the brake adjustment bolt , and it won't turn for ****. I wrote Rhine for a repair manual , and they sent me an engine manual! haha What can I do , suggestions? I am new to dozers , I used to work on old cars , though:usa
BS3F Manual Hey Jim, I would like to get a copy of the BS3F manual. Could you contact me please? [email protected]
Low Ground Pressure. It will be equipped with track shoes much wider than "standard" to allow it to work on soft/boggy ground without sinking. Unless you're planning to work on similar ground LGP shoes will cause all sorts of issues like shoe bending, cracking, etc. Stay well away unless you are working on very soft ground pretty much all the time. Basically the rule of thumb is always fit the narrowest track shoe that you can consistent with the flotation you need on the ground on which you're working. For example our D9s & D10s work on rock pretty much all the time and so have 24" track shoes on them.
Hey Nige , Welcome to being one of us who has missed the second page!
it is hard to get the part, anyone cna tell me where i can get the undercarriage part? Mitsubishi BD2F, is there any replacement undercarriage part?
Hi Jim I am new here, Just bought myself a little Mitsubishi BS3F track loader, I am in Tully NQ, you seem to know a bit about them. I would like to get Workshop & Parts Manual for it, I read somewhere you may be able to help. Regards Ralph
I wouldn't worry too much about finding parts for the mitsu dozer. Darinray at dmmsales.com has or can get what you need ,and way cheaper than Rhines.
MITSUBISHI BD2G-2 Blade, 6-way; 2,162 Hours; 50 hp (price enters at 11,500 USD) it best Mitsubishi Dozer
I just bought a BD2G for $5000. It needed a front idler which we just replaced for $700.00 and still need to replace 3 bottom rollers. Another $400. I hope that is it for now. It has 2748 hrs on it and runs very good. So far it has been a nice small dozer. I bought my idler from Kent on e-bay fast shipping about a week.
I have owned a BD2F for approx. 10 years and I really like the machine. I have replaced the sprockets, chain, rollers, pads, added a ROPs. so far I haven't had problems getting parts.
Frank, I am new to owning a dozer and was wondering what ROPs is? I am needing to do some work on the one I bought like replacing the 3 bottom rollers on one side. Can they be repaired . The manual shows a bushing was wondering if they can be repaired or is it better to buy new. Also the cylinder that adjust the idler on one side is pushing grease at the seal . Would like to repair it my self if possible. Are you buying parts local or on the internet?
ROPS stands for roll over protection. I had a 4 post with top plus limb risers fabricated and placed on the dozer. I have bought parts from Rhine equipment of Washington and Power equipment of Nashville TN ( both excellent businesses). The parts for the undercarriage were all new.
Hi guys im pretty new to all just wondering who i would talk to about buying 2 new idlers for a bd2f
I just bought front 2 idlers 2 track chains and 2 drive sprockets from a company I found on allibaba direct import from China 1600 dollars and it is way cheap compared to buy from the states if you need more info I can get it for you
I was really leery about ordering or ever getting my tracks from china. I ordered them out of New York but they were $5k. I still need full drive sprockets. I can only find weld on segments.
Sorry for my late response been in the woods I will get that information for you shortly