Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

having a transmission problems D3

profo ยท 2008-04-02 12:45

Having and issue with my D3 trans oil screen clogs with some black rubbery substance then overheats and the stops pulling, anyone have any ideas, as soon as I clean it it will work for about 30 minutes.,sorry for hijacking thread but I am a new member and I cannot start a new thread. Profo

Replies4
  1. #1Countryboy2008-04-02 19:47

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums profo! :drinkup I made you question into it's own thread so it can get the attention it deserves.

  2. #2kc5gxc2008-04-05 19:12

    Maybe somebody put some unknown stuff in the oil. Ever leave it unattended? Pete

  3. #3Cotterpin2008-04-05 20:16

    Not real familiar with your machine , but , most trannies have hoses going to coolers . Although most use steel piping most of the way , there's usually a rubber hyd hose for flexibility at one end or the other . Maybe a hose is deteriorating . Are you talking about the Trans pump suction screen in the bottom of trans getting clogged ? Welcome to the site by the way .

  4. #4planetshapers2008-04-09 08:59

    d3 black stuff in oil i once owned a cat d3b. this can be clutch pack material....or hose deterioration......or gasket material........ otherwise...contamination. i think.....