Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi engines on CAT

fcf1320 · 2011-04-04 15:18

Hi! Anybody knows which are the Mitsubishi engines in Caterpillar equipment?

Replies16
  1. #1maarwaan2011-04-21 03:44

    I do not all Mitsubishi engines in CAT, but I know that Caterpillar 320, 320L 8LK series use Mitsubishi engine (the Model is 3066 but it is Mitsubishi engine, our company spare parts for it, the parts had a Mitsubishi sticker). With looking in Baldwin filters catalog I found many Mitsubishi engine inside CAT equipments, this is the list: CATERPILLAR 307, Serial N°: 2PM1-UP / Mitsubishi Engine 4D32 CATERPILLAR 307 B & C, Serial N°: 4RW1-UP, 5CW1-UP, 6KZ1-UP, 7DZ1-UP, AFB1-UP / Mitsubishi Engine 4M40 CATERPILLAR E110, Serial N°: 3FG1-UP / Mitsubishi Engine 4D31-T CATERPILLAR E110 B, Serial N°: 8MF1-UP / Mitsubishi Engine S4K-T CATERPILLAR E120, Serial N°: 1LF1-UP / Mitsubishi Engine 6D14 CATERPILLAR E120 B, Serial N°: 6JF1-UP / Mitsubishi Engine S4K-T CATERPILLAR E140, Serial N°: 1NF09041-UP / Mitsubishi Engine 6D14 CATERPILLAR E200 B, Serial N°: 6KF00234-UP / Mitsubishi Engine S6KT CATERPILLAR E450, Serial N°: 3HG1-UP / Mitsubishi Engine 6D22-TC CATERPILLAR E650, Serial N°: 3KG1-UP / Mitsubishi Engine S6B-TA CATERPILLAR E70,Serial N°: 3BG1-UP / Mitsubishi Engine 4D31 CATERPILLAR E70 B, Serial N°: 5TG1-UP/ Mitsubishi Engine 4D32 CATERPILLAR EL200 B, Serial N°: 6KF1-00233 / Mitsubishi Engine S6KT

  2. #2stumpjumper832011-04-21 06:41

    In some cases the whole machine is a mitsubishi. Look at the serial number plate on a g series crawler, or 307 & below excavator.

  3. #3fey2011-05-27 10:03

    E120 bachoe excavator powered by 6D14 engine I would like to ask an attachment of hose enter connected to two control valve.

  4. #4Per Eriksson2011-05-27 16:13

    What?

  5. #5ticster2011-08-20 19:27

    Is there a replacement for Mitsubishi 4DQ50 ?

  6. #6Hendrik2011-08-20 21:04

    And then there is the repainted engines, for example a Cat 3013 engine is a Perkins motor made in England.

  7. #7danregan2011-08-21 06:15

    304C has a mitsu engine as well.

  8. #8yanmarman2011-08-21 19:22

    Who would have thought?

  9. #9sultan2011-08-21 19:59

    But we all know most other Cats use Yanmar engines, right?

  10. #10CRAFT2011-08-22 03:34

    LOL ! ....I'm like'n this better all the time .....LOL ! ..... Yanmar ..... right ....LOL

  11. #11kanchan2015-07-16 19:55

    320dl carrys C6.4 mistubishi engine 336dl also carrys mistubishi engine c.9

  12. #12DennisZ2015-08-04 20:13

    My previous excavator (CAT 212BFT) had a 3114T engine which was also made by Mitsubishi. Found that out later when my IT24F wheel loader that had the same engine had a hole in a sleave.

  13. #13xr4ticlone2016-10-19 21:55

    I have a real easy rule for ALL THINGS MITSUBISHI- get rid of them. I've owned one SUV a real POS...my wife had to have it. I've got one in a buddy's SK330 Kobelco...$17,000 for a fuel pump.

  14. #14Kobe2016-10-21 00:28

    "I have a real easy rule for ALL THINGS MITSUBISHI- get rid of them." You do know that Mitsubishi built virtually all Caterpillar excavators in Japan for half a century, right? Do you think that cat could build those things in Illinois? Have you ever seen what lives in Illinois these days?

  15. #15John Shipp2016-10-22 16:51

    Kobe, very true! LOL

  16. #16xr4ticlone2016-10-22 22:53

    A...not a Cat excavator fan. Old ones were slow, new ones are kinda tipsy. B...you're not wrong...sadly not just IL. I wouldn't own an excavator made in the US. Sadly.