Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi MS140-2 swing problem

MS140 ยท 2011-05-11 05:39

Hello guys, new to the forum here and wondering if you could help me. I have a MS140-2 and when I swing the machine there is a knock/jump always at the same point. It happens the same when swinging either way. Any suggestions to the problem? Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1MS1402011-05-11 12:33

    Sorry was just reading my question earlier and I don't know if I was that clear in my description!! The machine swings fine with plenty of power and smooth as well except when you get to this one point where it seems like it misses a tooth or something. Have looked at the teeth of the swing bearing through the inspection window between the lift rams and they look fine, just hoping its not the swing bearing is faulty. I've checked it with the dial gauge and its well within the allowance of wear as per the workshop manual. Hope this explains it better, Thanks!

  2. #2John C.2011-05-11 23:51

    My guess would be a gear problem in the swing reducer. Have you drained the oil and check for metal?

  3. #3MS1402011-05-12 03:37

    Hi John, thanks a million for the reply.I wasn't really sure where was the best place to start, but I have it in my shed now so I will do that first . Just the pointer I needed to start! Thanks again