Hey guys, I have two demo projects to bid on. Since they are completely different, I am going to post them in two separate threads. The first is a 14X80 mobile home. Access is pretty good and there is nothing close that I can tear up. This is one of those things where the guy wanted someone to take it down and remove it for the scrap value. I went and looked and told him that I didn't think the scrap value was going to cover the demolition. I told him I would price the demo and then credit him back whatever the scrap value was. There is a few old appliances left in it, water heater, furnace, stove and a washing machine that the scrapper will probably take. The roof is steel or aluminum and should have some scrap value and the frame should scrap out. As you can see from the pictures, the siding is already gone. Anybody have any idea what the frame might weigh? The house is full of old furniture. The walls are 2X4 stud walls. I am figuring about 3-30 yd cans. will do the job. For those of you that have demoed mobil homes before is there anything different that I should be looking for? Thanks, Tim
I've done a few of these , roll it on its side , rip the frame off. That's about all that's has any real weight to it. It should fit in two 30 yard but I like to figure extra. It should crunch up to little of nothing. The thing for me is that as far as I have to haul the scrap it won't pay out the trucking.
I've never done an 80' but I'd be surprised if the frame weighs more than a ton.
Hey guys, Yeah, I figured that the frame will weigh out about 2000lb. All of the scrap together won't bring $400.00. I have figured in 3-30yd cans. 25 miles to the dump, each can is $645.00 with mileage, rental and tipping fees. I may be able to lower the cost some by hauling the trash myself on my 22' GN utility trailer. I have sideboards on it so I can haul about 10 yds of material. I can set it up for a pull-off at the land fill. It should take about 11 loads at $145/load to do it that way. More trouble but I get to stick some of that money back in my pocket. Rolling it on it's side to strip it is a good idea I know the guy was thinking that the scrap would pay for the demo, but there is no way I can make it work. Thanks, Tim
The last trailer I demoed , I did just that. Turned in on its side and removed the sub frame. Then I dug a hole pushed it in there crunched it up and burned it. What was left after it cooled almost fit in a 10 yard dump truck. I cleaned the hole out well even sent some dirt to the land fill.
Here is a trailer demo I did last yr that was part of a much larger demo/clearing job. Thought you might get a kick out of it. http://youtu.be/jobmbmyjZyo?list=UULXKdWU26zB0BVpUaprhahw
Great video ddigger, thanks for posting it. That trailer looks very much like the one I am bidding on. Do you remember how many and what sized cans it took to load that one out? Approximate size of the trailer? I think these demo's would be a lot more fun with the right equipment, looks like you had it on the ground and pretty well crunched up in just a few minutes. Was the siding off when you got there or did you take it off? Thanks, Tim
Hey Tim, it looked just as you saw it when I got there, unlike yours there was no furniture inside. The trailer was a 8x60. It was part of a much larger job so I did not keep track, We only use 60yd or larger high side end dumps. I have never done any single wide that didn't easily fit into one load siding in place or not.
That was quick. Every redneck that sees that video is gonna curse you for not being more careful with those axles.
Thanks ddiger, that helps. I do agree with JNB though, the axles may be the most valuable part of the trailer Tim
C'mon Tim...you know you want 'em. Any rain out your way yet?
Yep John, I see a 14'X14' dump trailer in my future:drinkup Got 2.1" about 3 weeks ago, forecast looks good for tomorrow (92%) You guys?
Just overcast today, but looking for some work-inducing rain tomorrow!