http://www.merriam-webster.com/ Meriam Webster on-line dictionary is a great resource for those of us who are a little unsecure about the meaning and spelling of english words. I highly recommend it! Anyway, Meriam Webster is now expanding with a "Visual Dictionary" and it seems like they need some guidance... http://visual.merriam-webster.com/transport-machinery/heavy-machinery/wheel-loader.php If I'm not totally wrong that is a JD. What can I say? They messed with the wrong forum, that's for sure... There is a feedback link down to the left. Charge!:usa
I sent them a message...hope they actually get it. :cool2
I'll give them some credit--lots of non-construction type people think everything listed under the "heavy equipment" catagory is a bulldozer.
A few things I have learned from watching the 6 o clock news. A wheel loader is to be called a bulldozer, or earth mover. An excavator, is a crane, no matter if its lifting something, or if it is digging. I cant belive I was wrong all those years :Banghead
That either a dresser,or a international. check out the center
ya and i thought that was called a digging thingy:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh
How ironic that the this M-W Visual article is supposed to counter act that. I basically agree, you can't expect everybody to know all industry specific terms. However, Wikipedia is never more than a few clicks away... Or google image search for that matter. But nevermind what they could have done, that's not the point, just provide some guidance. Maybe put some pressure on too, if the same pic is there a year from now I will get almost upset. I hope they will get some good guidance from the community here without being hit in the head. Considering the friendly atmosphere on this forum I'm not worried about that. Is it an old JD by the way?
marks Generally I'm quite impressed and would give a 7 out of 10 for overall effort. Marks deducted for "bucket hinge pin " X "backward bucket" X "wheeled tractor" X Good effort, but more research would have given you a higher mark.
Didn't know that Dresser and International where also experimenting with that concept. I like odd equipment but they are too odd even for me, just doesn't seem like the loader wants that backhoe at all. Looks like some kind of parasite. Didn't know Deere put their old broschures online, very cool though. http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/docs1/noncurrent_loaders.html Hmm... Looks like the cab is on the wrong frame part to be a Deere. Sideboom version looks more integrated but probably a terrifying experience to run. Maybe we should send that broschure to M-W Visual?