Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

skid steer attachmeents on backhoe

jmac ยท 2008-04-14 21:08

Any one doing this. I have a Harley rake, forks and auger for my skid steer that I would like to put a quick attach on a back hoe and use them on the front of the hoe. Is this possible?

Replies6
  1. #1Bob Horrell2008-04-14 22:30

    I have a John Deere 110TLB. The front bucket attaches with the standard skidsteer system. This works out great for me since I also have a Bobcat. Anything I run on my Bobcat, I can also run on my John Deere. It also helps that I already have the hydraulics there for my 4in1 bucket. I don't know why you couldn't make an adapter for any backhoe that would accept the standard skidsteer attachments. It really is a handy tool.

  2. #2jmac2008-04-15 18:18

    Thanks Bob I am looking at buying a used New Holland L110 backhoe so using some of the stuff I already have would be make it even better. I started out looking at getting another skid steer but after much thought I think I can get a pretty good used hoe for the same money. I own a New Holland skid now. For the pice of a new skid I can buy a nice used hoe. I don't own a back hoe and have to do everything with excavators (steel track) , dozer and skid steer.

  3. #3Bob Horrell2008-04-15 23:20

    The versatility of a backhoe increases tremendously when you can run skid steer attachments on the front. It really opens up the type of work that can be done with it. Sometimes I take multiple attachments to the same job. I have a number of landscapers I work for that use me because I can do so many different things on one job. Good luck.

  4. #4jmac2008-04-16 10:06

    thanks again Bob, whats involed, can you show me how you mount the quick attach plate to your back hoe? Is it that simple ? Did you have to change out fittings? Is the flow rate from your backhoe correct? Just using my forks would be a good start, I have a snow pusher that I could use and if I could use the Harley Rake, wow that would be awsome! It looks like you are the only one on here that has any advise on this.

  5. #5KSSS2008-04-16 10:08

    I would be careful that you don't over stress the attachments. I believe the 110 is good sized machine. Most were not made for the kind of power you have with a hoe. The other issue is unless you fabricated an adapter plate (maybe someone makes one) it will take some work to use it on the front of a large hoe. The CASE hoes I have seen with a quick tach on the front use a FFC adaptor on the front and it is not skid steer compatible. The much smaller Deere 110 is compatible as mentioned but the forces generated are more in line with the average skid steer. I am set up much the same way you are minus the dozer. I do most everything with excavators and two skid steers one large and one med. size. I find that at times a hoe would be handy so you didn't have to move two pieces. On the big dirt moving jobs I have needed a wheel loader and a hoe wouldn't buy the increase in productivity that I would like. I have considered a smaller wheel loader like a CASE 321 or maybe 521.

  6. #6jmac2008-04-16 10:18

    I spoke to the dealer and he say's NO WAY. you have to buy all new attachments. He said the forks or to small ect, backhoe is to big. I think he is wrong. My forks pick up 4000 lb so just don't pick up more than that. My questions is how to make a skid steer quick attach plate to fit a full size back hoe.