Hello all, I have a 350 JD dozer with the little obsolete injection pump that is leaking at the rack and pinion gear where the throttle cable connects. It is a very small dripping leak and according to exploded views there is an oring on each side of that pinion that should fix it. My question is what do I have to do to ensure correct relation of the throttle lever to the gear so as to not alter the high or low idle governor settings. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks, Charles
Disconnect the linkage.. Move the throttle to low idle.. it’s usually straight up.. Now remove the spring off the throttle lever.. it’s much easier to reassemble w/o the spring. Loosen the hex while holding the other side, 5/8 I think.. Replace the orings.. It’s much easier if u use the throttle and the nut to push the orings in place.. Now reassemble, bearing in mind where the throttle was at low idle.. Good luck.
Thanks for the prompt reply. My throttle lever is a little more toward the front of the engine than straight up when at low idle but I will take some kind of measurement from something to the center of the pin hole and ensure it goes back like it was. I appreciate the response. Charles
Rather than doing all that measuring.. the screw on the back of the metering rod is the low idle screw..3/8 nut and an Allen screw.. Run the screw in until the lever is straight up 12:00 .. make your repairs and back the screw out to get your desired speed..
I followed your instructions and you were spot on with how to accomplish the oring replacement. I was a little apprehensive because I had never done any disassembly on an injector pump but in the end there was no reason to be worried. Leak is stopped and everything working like to should. Thanks for your patience and guidance. Charles
Any time buckwheat..