redoing my old bushhog to make it work on front loader
Does that 2300 IH run?
yes sir has a really rough cab but350 cummins runs very well. hood has been hit on both sides. I plan on doing a good repair job on it unless I can come across another one reasonable. its an s2200 by the way 88 yr.mdl
update
I have a couple of 2300s, an '86 and an '87, and I am looking for another one to put an L10 and 11609 that I have in.
spud m. posted a craiglist photo while ago of a really decent looking one in mt. long way off. has an l10 already in it. you don`t have an extra hood by chance or know of one?
I only have one and you can't have it! It's Mine!! Seriously,Today I asked a friend who is a salvage buyer to let me know of any short hood IHs he sees. I will probably have one soon. He gets great things for 3 or 4 cents a pound, and I can get any of it for exactly what he pays.
Now, unhijacking this thread, how are you going to drive it? How did you figure what hyd motor?
Petepilot …(Unless it's just a temp support) I would use a clevis instead of a hook on your support chains. The first time the blades hits something hard or heavy, the deck will jump and unhook the chain. Then you'll have some excitement... Even a clevis isn't secure. maybe a lock too.
Wouldn't it be easier to just run it off its own engine? I wouldn't think a loader would have the flow and cooling to keep up with a hyd. drive mower. I was thinking turn the gearbox around and put the engine in the bucket to get the weight closer.
I tend to agree with crane operator. A brush hog requires a pretty good amount of PTO horsepower, I'm not sure you're going to get that from a standard tractor pump. I think skid steers use the high flow side for them. I think a pony motor would have to be a pretty good size too
under stood only a temp.hook up
24 gpm pump 60 hp engine 2400 psi at 1800 rpm . should do as well as a 3 cyl bobcat if not better. maybe I should add the drive motor im using is same size used to drive a 12' batwing hog
I thought about doing something similar and mounting the pony motor in the bucket.
There was a member on RedPower Who did something similar. Used a hydraulic motor w 6 spline pto shaft. Had an IH175. The trackloaders have higher gpm pump than dozers. Seemed to work well for him. What the mower didn’t tear up the steel tracks did. Looking forward to more pics.
Does the loader have a hydraulic oil cooler on it? Truck junkyards usually have them off old garbage trucks, wouldn't be hard to plumb one in behind the hyd. motor before it returns to tank with a 12v fan if you don't have one. Used to deal with hydraulic drive augers in grain handling equipment, and cooling could be a issue with some of the older tractors, the hydraulics were fine for 3point or front end loader, but not up to the constant run heat of a hyd. motor.
Motor you use might need a case drain. A lot of skid steer attachments with motors have a case drain line.
Sounds like you've done your homework. I love projects like this and will follow along!
little way to go yet I did have it pretty well thought out before I started` but I also have an excellent hydraulic shop giving me some advice
Sounds good, How about a picture of whatever is hiding in the back with the butterfly hood? Mack?
autocar 57 basket case
Everybody has to have a project or two sitting in the weeds. I don't want to even talk about mine. They aren't as neat as a old autocar.
update no pics. my drive motor took a week to get here we`re making up the coupler set up plus it rained 4-5 days so not a lot of progress. meantime the brush is getting taller
Loader goes up 10'-12' doesn't it? I'd say you've got time.
good point
the motor is finaly sitting on the hog might be able to start lining it up and mounting it tomm.
phone rang as I was about to post
Runs -works will have it done this week end
A little more progress but didn't make my wknd. goal rained me out
better put valve on to let free wheel when you let off hyd , had a friend build one for ditch banks out of parts and did not know about the valve and first run motor went every where.
Don't they put a small T line in to allow motor priority, and then if it needs by pass it can flow to return side right by the motor? I think I've seen it done that way.
Was wondering about that, too. They make overrunning clutches for pto shafts. Would that work?
auto by pass valve right where the hoses connect. eliminates any extra plumbing. look up www.cylindercyclone.com --- these guys are where I get my hyd. info & parts
That's slick. So the two little relief valves allow oil if it pressure spikes to just flow to the other side. What kind of pressure setting do they have on those?
believe we`re at 2600. run the hog up to speed & let off the lever it just drifts to a stop no jerk or noise works smooth
I see BAD things hapnin Shortly, you building a Debris screen for that 555? I would be!
you bet
hooked it up for a try out this evening works like it should but a little awkward to handle. hydr, temp did not go above 160 after about an hour running at 1800. so sharpen the blades & add a guard in front of the motor clean it up & paint it . to wet to do much with it for a few days yet. also got a piece of3/8 lexan coming to put between me & whatever comes my way
another pic.
Can that skid get bent into the blade? Looks kind of scary with no discharge chute and the side(s) and front completely open.
I look forward to see it doing some destruction in the rough stuff!
Hang in there
Won't be long
Custom DuPont Overhaul SWEET!!!
earl schieb
here`s what I wound up with. works good & does what I expected
Me thinking you need more Stuff!!!