I have a pull behind Dynapac CK11 compactor, 3100 pounds 55 inch wide drum, in excellent condition. I want to modify it so I can use it with a compact loader. Basicly what I am thinking of is cutting off the tow behind hitch and welding an skid steer universal mount attachment plate onto the compactor frame. Might add a swivel pin between compactor frame and skid steer mounting plate, for oscillation over uneven ground surface. Compact loader is a Waldon 5100, 7100 pounds. Static tip load straight is 4,100 pounds and at full turn its 3500 pounds. Maxium drawbar pull is 3,500 pounds. SAE bucket operating capacity is 1,700 pounds. Tires are 10x16.5 skid steer I have installed locking differentials in both axles. What a difference that made! What do you think? Is it feasible? Any comments? Any suggestions?
I have thought about something like this but have not tried it. I think it will work. It would be alot of fab work, i say go for it and post pics.
Is the drum reversible? If so, why not just put a receiver plate on the loader and use it as a trailer (as designed)?