Ended up with some water in my hour meter after 4 hour haul in heavy rain. Fog is gone, but you can see a bit of water sitting at bottom of glass. Its a Nippon Denso analog gauge (Toyota SDK8). Bezel holding glass seems to be pressed on. Thinking about drilling a drain hole or putting the whole thing in the toaster oven at low setting for a few hours. Anyone have any ideas. Or the recipe to turn it into a useless lump of melted plastic I should avoid... Thanks!
I've successfully done the toaster oven thing with numerous items. Make sure you're on the lowest setting and make sure you keep the metal tray in place to shield from direct heat of the heating element. Lay it face down so the moisture can escape out the back.
Thanks Steve! I baked it for 2 hours around 125-145. Water beaded on the glass and finally disappeared. This turned out better than most of my cooking projects! I still hear about the time I used the kitchen stove to dry painted engine parts...
hair dryer