I've been buying Lucas Construction and Mining Grease for my 310L backhoe. It's a moly grease, and was recommended for pins and bushings. I went to buy another case of it to have on hand just in case the supply goes belly up, and Lucas warned me that the shelf life of the product is only two years. NAPA has a sale on it right now. I called Mobil and Valvoline, and they spec shelf life at 5 years. I like Lucas products, but would prefer to have a grease with 5 years instead of 2. Mobil greases are almost impossible to find, but Advance Auto stocks the Valvoline VV632 Moly Fortified for $6.99. Should I switch, or just buy Lucas a case at a time, and not worry about shortages? C
Emmett518, The grease market is so crazy at the moment, it’s difficult to stick with one product. Because, chances are that particular product will not be available next time you look for it. Get an extra case of the Lucus that you like for now, while you still can. Starting to see unfamiliar imported brands show up at distributors to fill in the gaps. Especially with polyurea.
My supplier messed up and doubled my grease order this spring. Instead of 16 boxes of 10 tubes, I got 32. I will have enough grease for two years.
I ordered a second case of Lucas under Napa’s 20% off sale.
Am I the only one who gets a warm, fuzzy feeling when I have an ample stock of daily necessities like grease, diesel, to, paper towels and laundry detergent!
Cat extreme application 5% moly is only $3.72 a tube and they have plenty
TSC's out here have shell on sale so that's turning into our current go to. We don't really worry too much about stocking up, I'll cycle a few different very similar flavors on price and availability. I bought a few cases of our usually red mystik when the harbor freight flu was really ******* stuff up but that was mainly so I could grab and go off my shelf to keep truck stock up easy.
Where is this?
We use the black bear poop from TSC Its better than the grease they list when the machine was made. The shopper just picked up a box was on sale. Only reason I used the red up was we were out of black, got 2 of those and it goes a LONG way. I have a disk I use about a dozen tubes on, if it wasnt for that would be able to make it on about a case a year. My stuff is tight, really rather low use, most take a couple pumps on occasion.
Call your nearest Cat dealer, some stuff will surprise you how reasonable the cost is. And some stuff will surprise you the other way too. SOS oil test has always seemed a bargain to me. I don't know if that grease price is a sale, or just the regular carton price, does seem CHEAP to me.
Milton Cat just quoted $5.44 for that grease.
I'm buying mine from Warren Cat. All I can say is I'll never use anything else. Best grease I've ever had as far as staying in place. Worth the money