Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

money

honest outlaw ยท 2008-04-04 23:04

I'm wondering what the average haul rate is nationwide. Here in upstate sc u can hire tri axles for $65 to $75 per hour. i'm just wondering if that's average or are there to many trucks running around here? when i sell material by the load i try to make $100 to $125 depending on length of haul. shout out and reply pls ointhead:usa:drinkup:Banghead:bash

Replies21
  1. #1busdrivernine2008-04-04 23:06

    hre in our neck of the woods it is for now $45.00 per hr for tandem axle

  2. #2tuney4432008-04-05 09:35

    With my 6 wheeler--8-12 yd.truck,I have to get $100 per load,I don't care if I'm crossing the street because it all balances out with the longer trips.

  3. #3Paystar2008-04-05 14:38

    Where I live in Northern Ontario, if you work for a contractor in town it is around $53.00/hour and $65/hr. on a highway job. I always go south to work and the rates go anywhere fron 65 to $90/hour. With the price of fuel it should be 90 everywhere. There's also a bunch of scabs in town here that work their tri-axles for $34/hour or do 3 trucks for $100 deals. That's what the contractors pay, you can make more doing private deliveries though.

  4. #4BIGDAN3152008-04-05 20:20

    Here in upstate NY I hall for home owners mostly. With my tandom I try to get a min of $ 90 for for anything from 15 ton and under .That would be one load. Over 15 ton I charge $ 5 a ton in a 10 mile radios, Over 10 miles it jumps to $ 6. These are just delivery charges of course plus material. Deliveries is not all that I do, if it where, I would starve for sure.:Banghead

  5. #5xcavate2008-04-05 21:14

    Triaxles in boston area can be had for $60-$65 an hour. 10 Wheelers $55-$60. With the cost of payment, fuel, driver and insurance you cant make money at those rates just pay the billls. Some aphalt plants/large contractors pay $75 but not many of those jobs to go around

  6. #6joedirt2008-04-06 12:44

    Out here in Arizona 10 wheel trucks are going for $85 an hour. Super twelves and fourteens as we call them go for $90 to $95 an hour. Reading these posts looks like we need to hire some trucks out of Texas??

  7. #7honest outlaw2008-04-08 22:28

    yea, I thought everything was bigger in tejas!?:usa:Banghead:bash:drinkup

  8. #8nedly052008-04-09 05:27

    Well everything but the going rate for dump trucks maybe...

  9. #9BIGDAN3152008-04-10 17:45

    How can you make any money at 45.00 an hour? You got to be using $35.00 or more worth of feul if your averaging 50 miles an hour at 6 mpg???:beatsme or is that for sitting around waiting to be loaded most of the time?

  10. #10Nac2008-04-10 19:07

    tandem $85.00/ hr triaxle $90.00/hr here in NJ

  11. #11busdrivernine2008-04-10 19:51

    I drive 10 miles to the job and then 10 miles back home the rest of the day is spent driving around the job site at a speed from 10 miles per hr to about 3 miles a hr. I burn about 100 gals on a 6 day week . which the last I bought was 3.959 a gal . .Wish we could get a raise to at least $50.00 ph but things are too cheap here in this part of the world . We have 1 owner that is only charging $35.00 PH he called me 1 time and asked for some help I asked him what was he paying and he told me 35. Told him that I had to have 45.00 with a 4 hr min . he said he would call me back , never heard back from him . People like that make it hard for us to raise the rates to what they need to be because people want it don jsut as cheap as they can get it done. twj

  12. #12Willis Bushogin2008-04-10 20:16

    Truck Rates Here in eastern NC, we get $55 for 10 wheelers and $65 tri-axles,fuel $4.09, we need to go up, but too many people working for nothing, so if we go up, our regular customers, will hire them for $50. So for now, we are happy, that we are working and paying the bills (glad I dont have any truck payments) Good Luck everyone

  13. #13ASPHALT042008-04-12 09:49

    Quads around here are $65-$80 depending on who you call.

  14. #14ASPHALT042008-04-12 09:51

    Thats what I get for my 1-ton per hour here!!

  15. #15ben46a2008-04-12 09:58

    I wont start a truck for less than 55 bucks an hour. Wish it was 75 with fuel being 5.85/ gallon.

  16. #16Tacodriver2008-04-17 00:02

    Here we are at $95 an hour for a tandem truck, and the boss said he is bumping it up soon.

  17. #17farmboy5552008-04-20 09:58

    Same here in Ky. Tri-axle 65. pr. We have one company called Rockit, claims to be a Christain Trucker. I don't know how many trucks he has, but was told he would cut your rate by $10. an hour. It's one of the biggest cut throat job's I know of. I'm a Teamster carhauler for my reg. job. I'm lucky I get $1.12 a loaded mile drivers pay and $23. an hour if I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting on the repair truck. I play in the dirt with my dump truck and equipment on the side until I retire. But I never cut my rates or try to take anywork from anyone. good luck

  18. #18Boophoenix2008-04-20 21:36

    That's starting to happen here in TN a little, but by one of the bigger guys. I don't know All of the details, but one of the two largest excavating companies in middle TN just cut troated a freind of mine. The odd part of the deal is it is more a residential job than the normal comercial they do. And to top it off they offered to load as well for the lesser price of last years rates. Which I'm still hauling at. Up until last year they hired on a hundred or more trucks a day along with there fleet. Since I don't know all the details I'll leave there name out. I even hauled for them some a few years back while working for someone else.

  19. #19tylermckee2008-04-22 00:49

    100$ an hour to get a truck around here

  20. #20dgouty142008-04-22 13:37

    were lucky to get 65$ an hour around here for a tandem

  21. #21jazak2008-04-23 07:58

    $100+ here for a tandem.....not sure on a tri-axle.