Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Monitor for Komatsu PC78 MR6

LandMan22 · 2020-07-29 18:54

I have a Komatsu PC78 MR6 the the old monitor was replaced due to a pin in the wiring harnesses connector being broken. The new monitor appears to be getting power but the only functions that seems to lighting up is the high and low functions. No lights appear to be illuminating on the LCD screen. The company that I bought it from assures me that it was tested before it was shipped out. Any help with getting the LCD screen to work would be great.

Replies12
  1. #1John C.2020-07-29 19:30

    Why would it matter if it was tested? It doesn't work now. Who was the company?

  2. #2Vetech632020-07-29 20:13

    You didn’t get that on ebay did you?

  3. #3LandMan222020-07-29 20:46

    I purchased it from Herui Company

  4. #4LandMan222020-07-29 20:47

    No I did not purchase from eBay I purchased from a dealer that bought it from Herui Company

  5. #5Vetech632020-07-29 22:19

    Did you notify the dealer that it isn’t working? I googled that company but all I am getting is a bunch of different Chinese businesses. If it is China made it is probably faulty. How much did you pay the dealer for it?

  6. #6LandMan222020-07-30 06:58

    I am not sure if it is Chinese or a Japanese Company Paid the dealer around $1200.

  7. #7Vetech632020-07-30 07:01

    Take it back to the dealer since they sold it to you.

  8. #8LandMan222020-07-30 08:09

    Before I take it back do you know if you have to program it to make it work properly?? Or should it automatically work once it’s plugged in to the wiring harness?

  9. #9John C.2020-07-30 10:39

    There is no changeable programing in the monitor panels. It should just plug in and work. Your only concern is does everything in the machine itself work to power up the monitor.

  10. #10LACHAU2020-08-02 05:51

    The monitor get information to display from Main controller, so I suggest you check the connection wiring first.

  11. #11LACHAU2020-08-02 11:05

    I'm sure that company is a Chinese company!!!!!

  12. #12jhon karls2020-08-02 15:29

    Komatsu PC78US-6 and PC78UU-6 SERVICE MANUAL Two Manuals, Complete Step-By-Step Instructions, Diagrams, Illustrations, Wiring Schematics, And Specifications To Completely Repair Your Vehicle With Ease!