Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Monkey’s day off the leash.

CDNDIESELMONKEY ยท 2015-06-14 20:30

Took a day off working to go the Simcoe County Museum for the Wheel and Tracks in Motion event. All old iron, some running some rusting in peace. First area is the cable shovels all working. Next area some nice restored and some well used iron. more to follow soon

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies31
  1. #1CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-14 21:11
  2. #2CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-14 21:14

    Ive always been interested in Letourneau machines. I've read many books about his scrapers but never seen any in real life. That is why I have all these scraper pictures.

  3. #3CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-14 21:17

    The one gravel pit had a working display of cat dozers, letourneau and cat scrapers and a sheeps foot roller. This was a big sand box for big kids. (I would have enjoyed running a machine too lol)

  4. #4CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-14 21:19

    Another great display was the rock crushing/ aggregate display. Lots of skilled operators working.

  5. #5CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-14 21:24

    More of the crushing and aggregate display.

  6. #6old-iron-habit2015-06-14 21:25

    Cool stuff. Thanks for posting.

  7. #7CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-14 21:26
  8. #8CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-14 21:30
  9. #9CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-14 21:33
  10. #10CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-14 21:35

    more to follow soon................

  11. #11bushcat2015-06-14 21:41

    Great pictures Monkey thanks for sharing looks like a great place to spend a day off

  12. #12Tradesman2015-06-14 21:41

    Are they there just for today, I'm close by would love to see that Tradesman

  13. #131968 Case 580CK2015-06-14 22:12

    Beautiful old iron!

  14. #14old-iron-habit2015-06-14 22:56

    Looks like a great show. Are you over by Lake Simcoe in far southeast Ontario? Dang, Ontario is a big providence. I was hoping to find the show in Ontario near northeast Minnesota.

  15. #15kshansen2015-06-15 08:12

    Not near there but might be a place to ride up to some day on the bikes!

  16. #16CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-15 17:50

    Yes it was July 13 and 14. They redo it in an event called Last Blast! Everyone who has the ability should come see. Here is the poster for the october event. http://www.hceacanada.org/Posters/2015 10 LB.jpg

  17. #17CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-15 17:53

    Ontario is a very large province! I'm near Toronto but totally worth the drive. Also admission to get in was only $6. That seems like great value.

  18. #18CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-15 17:55

    Ok last of my pictures. I would have taken more as my pictures are only a fraction of the machines that were there. It was pouring rain and i didn't want to get my phone too wet so i only took pictures in the dry times. Here are some pictures of a very unique crawler. I have never seen or heard of one before. I wonder if many are familiar with the company or unit????

  19. #19CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-15 17:57

    Some graders.

  20. #20CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-15 18:02
  21. #21CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-15 18:04
  22. #22Former Wrench2015-06-15 18:13

    Good stuff. I'm impressed.

  23. #23Nige2015-06-16 05:56

    Hard to read the plate but is that a Field Marshall..? If it is then it was produced by Marshall Sons & Co of Gainsborough. Their main product was agricultural tractors but I can't say I've ever seen a tracked version before. According to Wiki the tracked versions were actually converted at Fowler's of Leeds (aka the Steam Plough Works). That must have been before Fowlers started producing their own line of crawler tractors. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_Marshall I wonder if it had a cartridge start..? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEurohAwrmA

  24. #24RayF2015-06-16 07:33

    They were called Track Marshalls. I had a rubber tyre version. They were Field Marshalls. Horizontal single cylinder. Six inch bore,ten inch stroke. About 40hp at 600 rpm. Start with a cranking handle or cartridge.

  25. #25Nige2015-06-16 07:43

    We had a Field Marshall back in the 60's at our limestone quarry powering a "mobile" jaw crusher via a flat belt, a 36 x 24 from memory, mounted on the back of an old truck chassis. The plant was always referred to as "The Circus". I thought maybe I had some old photos of it but I can't lay my hands on them.

  26. #26Peter_H2015-06-17 07:57

    Nice to se that all those units did not end up in the scrap yard. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

  27. #27CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-17 22:04

    Thanks for the history and YouTube link. Enjoyed those both. Engineers were very creative designing machines in those days with the cartridge start. Not like today where they just muddle things lol

  28. #28mikebramel2015-06-17 23:22

    Thank you for sharing the photos

  29. #29R.D.G0132015-06-19 07:01

    Nice pics, good to see the old ones still running.

  30. #30ianoz2015-06-19 16:48

    Nige and Ray , Your both close But not quite Right . The green Crawler is a Fowler VF It uses the Field Marshall Series 3 engine . The next model was a VFA . Most of the VFAs were painted orange . They then had a perkins engine fitted and became thetrack marshall model 50

  31. #31CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-10-06 21:02

    Hello Members, If you are interested in seeing all the items in the past pictures and more, there is another event on October 17. I have attached a link for those interested. http://www.hceacanada.org/Posters/2015 10 LB.jpg I hope you can all attend! :canada