Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Morbark M18 John Deere throttle Issue

Iggys6 ยท 2019-02-07 19:40

Hello I have a 2005 Morbark M18 with the John Deere Powertech 4.5L. The Chipper is amazing however just today a cel turned on for SPN 91 - FMI 3 (Accelerator Pedal or Lever Position Sensor 1 Circuit - Voltage Above Normal or Shorted to High Source). Says either the throttle switch or the wiring. I replaced the switch a couple months ago so I doubt it's that. I began tracing back the wiring but am finding resistance between a couple pins at the ECU connector. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or a wiring schematic? Thanks in advance

Replies1
  1. #1mg23612019-02-08 04:50

    Need the engine serial number. From that I can get you a general Deere schematic. I am not sure but I think the dash on the Morbark is from them and not Deere, but the schematic should still help. Obviously if there is any corrosion on the wiring/connectors you want to take care of that.