Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

More 323 emission issues

Justin98 · 2024-10-02 22:17

I have a cat 323fl that the serial number is CAT0323FKYEJ00391 The check engine warning came on and there was 2 codes 3002-12 and 1389-2. The description for 3002-12 was for a bad nox sensor. So I picked up the newer updated ones from cat 539-0117 and 539-0118. I still have the old style nox sensors on it. Will cat have to come out to Update anything in the computer, or are they just a simple swap them and the codes should clear if they were the problem? Thank y’all for the help and advice I just want to know before I replace them

Replies2
  1. #1Zac932024-10-03 04:06

    Do you know what software files your machine has installed? There was an engine software release which allowed for the updated NOX sensors I believe

  2. #2Justin982024-10-03 08:07

    That I don’t know, I don’t believe they ever did any updates on this machine. I guess I’m going to try to put them on today, and if the lights stay on, I’ll call cat out