Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

more CDL questions

jab-law ยท 2013-04-16 00:13

I'm following up on that last thread on CDLs. I have a GVW dump truck (just got it) rated at 18,000 lbs, with a trailer rated at 7,900. So I am just under the CDL right now, according to my calculation. However, I have a bobcat T250 weighing 9,500, which definitely put the trailer over 10,000 lbs actual weight. Will I need a CDL for this combination? If so, can I take a test for a CDL in that combination? Any insight appreciated. Jim.

Replies2
  1. #1CM19952013-04-16 07:17

    Yes you will need a Class A. Truck 18K plus T250 9.5K plus trailer weight = over 26K combined weight rating. If your trailer is rated at 7900 lbs you won't be able to pull the T250 on it..

  2. #2jab-law2013-04-16 09:23

    Thanks. Looks like I'll have to upgrade the trailer to something heavier. I guess the bobcat will have to sit for a while, but I have plenty to do with it where it is.