Wondering what the best impact gun made is considering torque vs weight vs longevity? Thanks
Ingersol Rand model 2155 QiMAX. 1" impact. My 1/2" has been used almost daily for well over 20 years and still performs flawless. Be sure to feed it the correct volume of air.
I have the earth quake 1/2'' and 1'' from HF and can't complain, doubt it is the best ever made though I'm not a millionaire either so I get what works for me.
I like Ingersoll Rand myself. Correct lubrication and the supply of an adequate quantity of dry air are also really important.
ingersoll rand.
I like my Ingersoll Rand.It's served me well over the years. I have been looking at this electric 1" makita http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/ToolDetails.aspx?Name=TW1000
Thought I might revive this thread. I have a 2850max gun only a year old and could not brake loose a 24mm bolt. Borrowed an older cat(not sure who makes it for them) and had no problem braking them loose. Does anyone know who makes them for cat. His is 6 or 7 years old.
I'm really liking Aircat. I've only bought their 1/2" gun so far and that thing kicks the **** of any IR, CP or Mac impact I've ever owned. Looks like they make a 1" gun as well. Too big for me but I'm considering buying one of their 3/4" ones to replace my old Matco that quit working.
I like my ATP. Same gun also available with #5 spline Anvil. And I feed it with 3/4 hose with twist claw fittings.
INGERSOLL RAND 293 / 293 1" DRIVE 2,000 FT/LB TORQUE 3,500 RPM AIR IMPACT WRENCH PISTOL GRIP, 1-3/8" BOLT CAPACITY, 1/2 NPTF INLET, 64 CFM, 810 BPM
I use an IR 3940 inline for my 1” gun, 150 psi air on a 1/2” line and it’s walked on more than one CP 796. They’re far from the cheapest but ive yet to see a better/more reliable 1” drive. I’ve had mine in use since 2014 and it’s never been rebuilt.
Kinda pricey but it’s better than using a torque multiplier. Thanks guys
Find a used one and rebuild off fbay
That's pretty good. I feel the other way though. I have a few one inch guns and have retired some more. The cp 796 are the two best I have ever had. I have two because I like them that much and wanted to have one on my second service truck. One is from 2005 and the other from 2013. Have tried it twice against the 3490. Once at a local hydraulic shop and once at one of the local dealerships and mine prevailed with the same air supply. I also like the shape a little better. Iirc, the ir gun is a bit longer. I do not feel the same way about the CP 3/4 inch guns I have had, but I don't think I will ever buy another 1/2" gun that isn't CP. Not to hijack the thread but I would like to upgrade my 3/4" gun and wonder what you all would recommend.
Not trying to change the subject matter, but just throw another wrench in the spokes, I've been using this Aircat 90 degree die grinder for some time now and hot damn do I love this tool. Plenty of HP for a cutoff wheel. A little bulky in size for tight spaces but so far that hasn't been an issue. The best part, it has a spindle lock button, don't need two wrenches to change tools, only need a 3/4" wrench on the collet nut instead of those two cheesy *** flat wrench tools. I strongly recommend. > https://aircat.com/products/abrasiv...5-hp-angle-die-grinder-with-spindle-lock.html
I might have to look into that. I need a new air hammer as well, wonder if they make one? I priced out a new Aircat 3/8" impact and a new Mac 3/8". Same 700 ft-lb rating and the Aircat was almost 1/2 the price....... I hate to say it but the big tool companies are going to price themselves out of business if they keep it up. Lots of other brands out there that are just as good for a lot less.
Jpaydirt on YouTube has been testing different guns,interesting
@Mobilewrench my 3/4 drive is an IR 2161XP I bought it lightly used off eBay 11 years ago, no rebuilds since, only a broken hammer cage. It replaced a 261 and there’s no comparison. As far as the 796 vs 3940 conversation goes, my 796 was a habitual anvil breaker and I finally got tired of it.