I have a gas engine driven compressor on my service truck,cant remember the size,just your average size compressor. I have always fought what I think is an excessive amount of water coming out of this thing.I keep the tank drained,sometimes 4-5 times a day,depending on amount of use,and have 2 water traps mounted in-line.In the shop, we have a pretty good sized trap mounted about 25 feet away from the compressor.Obviously, I cannot mount the trap that far away from the compressor on the truck.One of the traps is located only about 18 inches away from the tank,I know,too close to do any real good.The second is plumbed in between the supply line and reel,about 12 feet (of line)away.NOW, I don't mean to imply that my air line is like a garden hose or anything, I was curious how some of you guys deal with moisture problems on your trucks. Thanks.
I take it the problem you're having, even though you drain the tank often, and have two in-line water traps, you still have excessive water/moisture coming out of tool connected to hose. Are you using standard vortex water traps, or do you have an in-line desiccant dryer?
Yes,I have regular vortex style traps.I thought about dessicant filters,but with the amount of moisture I'm dealing with, I did'nt know how long the dessicant would last before needing dried out.
We run a Miller Airpak and it has a pair of Turbo 2000 air dryers mounted back to back. Compressor rated at 60 CFM and no issues with moisture. Made by SKF the bearing people.
Is that the same style used on truck air brakes?
Yes and mounted on a tandem mount that is connected in series I believe
So,you put 2 of those on your system? Is that really necessary? I never really thought about using those,but I guess it makes sense. Thanks!