Hey everybody hows it going. Well While working my hoe a few months ago I noticed I lost track movement on one track... after dragging myself back to park I noticed all my track sprocket bolts had worked themselves out and fell out. Now I got a couple new ones and just as I thought, the threads are shot. I was wondering now... for a one size bigger bolt ... can I tap the holes out for new threads ... or will they have to be drilled out first? I will post a vid here to let you see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUVqPQPOWo
Good day oiler man We have used a product called "Helliciol" in the past this has been effective in most cases. I suggest you give the agent a call with the dimensions. Kind regards Uffex
Have you tried running a new bolt through the backside of the flange to reform the damaged ones, or are they all hogged out? Youd likely be better off finding a used gearcase than trying to drill and tap your old one (and drill ou the sprocket too). A used one will prolly cost you less time and money at the end of the day as well. As for the EC motor, check to see that the cable isnt binding. take it off at both ends and push it back and forth. I recommend lubing the internals on those cables with a little atf and workjng them back and forth like I said(even on the newer hitachis,etc) every 250 hours
I was told about hellicoil.... that might be a choice. I had a look and I dont think there is any room to go in through the back side. If so couldnt you just use a longer bolt... go throught the back... and use a nut?
Naw I just looked under there. There is no room for that.
You can use a heli coil. You will need to remove the track and sprocket. Or you can do as you are suggesting and drill through and use a starter, mid, and bottoming tap. Either way will be work. The throttle motor may have pressed on gears that are spinning or a potentiometer that has a bad spot
can't you just put a bolt threw and put a nut on the back side? not the proper way to fix it but will be good enough to finish the job and until there is at least nice weather if your working outside.
sorry did not read all the messages!
Yea that would have been a easy fix but the rails would shear the bolt heads off. Going to be doing it the hard way but the right way.
Well I have a truck coming to get my deere in the morning. They are going to fix the threads on final drive for the sprocket. I posted a video explaining what they will do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iglvqGkkL4s