Here's some more pictures I took at work day before yesterday. Started out as a gorgous day, no clouds or anything. By 2 o'clock we were in a flood, 2'' of rain in an hour and what a mess we had. About 8 months of berm and road work destroied in an hour!! We call that job security!! Last pictures are my boys!
More...
And more...
Still more...
You guessed it, more...
:cool2AWESOME pics Eric!!!:drinkup
More...
Done...
Here's a couple of not very good videos of the water coming off the highwall. All our water catch ponds blew out and the water started coming down. The benches were sluffing off, 1st because this is a slip area and 2nd because all the material on the top 3 levels is rehandled muck, no hard rock, so I thought I was gonna see a mud slide. Anyway at the end of the second clip you'll see a dozer by the shovel. Thats a D-10R I was running. It was dead in the water with a hydraulic leak. So I asked the the guy on the 994 to come get me out of there incase it did all come down. FUN FUN FUN!!! http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w109/ebeng5/?action=view¤t=102_1091.flv http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w109/ebeng5/?action=view¤t=102_1090.flv
Awesome pictures Eric!!!Do you operate a 345cl?
awesome pics, thanks for sharing
Heh heh, I see your boys have their own mine going on :thumbsup
Thanks guys. Yes I run the 345C L. Fantastic machine. The great thing about working at the mine is I get to run everything. I havn't ever run a drill, that's next on the list!!
Nice shots!! Question for ya about the drilling there. What kind of depth do they drill and then roughly how many holes for each blast?
60 feet deep. Our benches are 50 feet tall. As far as loaded holes in a shot... it varies. If we are shooting under a slip area we only shoot 30. If it's a wide open shot they will shoot up to 130.
Hey Eric: You have the best job on-site ! I'de rarther be in the 345 than bouncing about in a 793's or under constant pressure running a shovel. Nice pic's BTW. 944 loaders are even bigger in the flesh. HUGE. Ross