Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

More Old Iron Pics

alan627b ยท 2010-04-22 19:51

I came across this page today, and I don't know the language, but there are plenty of old iron pics here. Alan http://www.bouwmachinesvantoen.nl/bedrijvenpagina/Nieuwenhuijse de Braal/Nieuwenhuijse de Braal.htm

Replies8
  1. #1Raildudes dad2010-04-22 20:39

    I see a flooding picture with a date of 1953, I'm guessing the Netherlands. My dad's aunt and her husband visited the old country in 1955?. They brought back a coffee table photo book of the flooding. I used to look at it on Sunday afternoon while the adults had coffee. (Orange candy peanuts from the candy jar for me )

  2. #2alan627b2010-04-23 00:51

    Here's a link to 400+ pix I took on my 2006 visit to Mexifornia. National Hardware Supply, a vintage iron nuts heaven. Several jobsites with lots of 657's and other serious iron. Enjoy! Alan http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/alan627b/Big Iron/

  3. #3BB642010-04-26 16:27

    Nederlands Alan, Thanks for posting the first link... it made me smile once I saw an "ij" and realized it was the Netherlands -- Kruiningen is in Zeeland, along the Oosterschelde, site of some of the Delta Works projects (it seemed vaguely familiar, I had to google map it -- I'm guessing that I went through there in the summer of 1990). Most of the pictures along the water are likely work done for the Delta project, generally in response to the 1953 flooding. Check out http://www.deltaworks.org/ for more about the project. The pictures of hills made no sense until I noticed that they were taken near Maastricht, Geleen and Heerlen (near Aachen, Germany), the highest area in all of the Netherlands. Thanks again, Mike Kalsbeek

  4. #4dayexco2010-04-26 20:29

    that's an AWESOME website....i spent over hr looking, and going to google translator to see what they were saying :salute

  5. #5HSV1272010-06-11 06:47

    Cat museum NZ Hey guys have any of you been to New Zealand? there is a cool little museum in Rotorua called The New Zealand Caterpillar Experience, it's well worth a look, mostly old crawler tractors, some very rare. Heres the link, http://www.caterpillarexperience.co.nz/

  6. #6lancef2010-06-11 16:14

    Wow,those pics are gold.

  7. #7lancef2010-06-11 16:17

    Some pics here that I took. http://www.flickr.com/photos/33654046@N03/sets/72157622741670501/

  8. #8RDG2010-06-14 03:52

    Thats a good little collection in that museum went thru it a couple of yrs ago when I was back over on holiday, owned by Lindsey Willis I believe. Cheers RDG.