Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Most efficient Contractor…

JCLadson ยท 2009-10-18 20:24

I am looking to relocate when I graduate in December. I will be graduating with a Construction Management major. I am currently located in Florida and looking forward to moving outside the state. I wanted to get some suggestions on you most preferred Contractor out there.

Replies6
  1. #1Speedpup2009-10-19 05:01

    moving where?

  2. #2JCLadson2009-10-19 06:34

    I would just like to move outside of Florida.

  3. #3pwrstroke6john2009-10-19 20:40

    Well I tell you not to move to Michigan. Im in the same boat as you just about a year and half behind you.

  4. #4Kgmz2009-10-19 23:57

    Check out Parsons, they are hiring now for several construction management positions. Friend of mine works there and is happy with them. There are quite a few positions in Seattle, California, North Carolina, and Saudi Arabia right now. If you want a job that can take you all over the US and the World, then they would be a good choice. Or if you want to stay put in one place they are also a good choice. http://www.parsons.com There are job listings on their website, there are 229 openings right now in various fields.

  5. #51923mack2009-10-21 11:05

    Parsons is a design firm not a contractor. While a graduate from a construction management program firm can go to a design firm or a contractor, the original post stated contractor not designer. There a lots of good contractors out there, I think you should determine your prefered location first, then narrow down a contractor to apply to.

  6. #6Kgmz2009-10-21 15:02

    Really! I know a few people that work for them, and some of them through a buyout of their company. What would Parsons do with the 400 pieces of equipment they acquired through the buyout. Also one of my dump trucks came from them, 2006 Kenworth T800 with only 16,000 miles when I bought it. Read article at link below, and remember Parsons has several divisions. http://seattle.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2005/04/04/daily58.html# Did you look at the job listings on their website. In the construction division they are hiring Managers, superintendents, welders, laborers, etc. And as of today there 253 job openings compared to the 229 when I posted the other post. And they still have a office and equipment yard at the old RCI office/yard in Sumner, right down the road from me.