I would like to attach a flexible TV wall mount to a wall with a total width of 12 cm. Since I'm a sub-tenant in the flat, I don't know what exactly this wall is made of, but it's for sure not concrete or brick, because it's more of a "hollow" sound when you knock on the wall. Considering that the ceiling is not made of plasterboard, I assume that it is aerated concrete. There is a bathroom on the other side of this wall. I intend to use Fischer UX or Duopower wall plugs. Please recommend which ones are better and if it is enough to use 4 or would it be better to have more, e.g. 8? In case the wall is made of plasterboard, will these Fischer wall plugs be ok? Do you recommend any other wall plugs? What length of inserts should I use? Thanks in advance for any help.
Interesting question, if it's an older building, I'd expect to find hollow clay tile block. Newer construction could be aerated concrete, not a common building material here, and I'm not allowed back to Slovenia so I couldn't say if it is there. Least strong would be plasterboard, that is, drywall or gypsum wall board, if it was plasterboard, I'd expect it to be solid on vertical wood or steel studs 16-24 inches apart here, and sound hollow between the studs. You'll know what you have once you drill the holes. Those type expanding anchors should be fine for clay tile block or lightweight concrete. Toggle bolts would be better for clay tile. Plasterboard would be better to hit the studs, or if plain gypsum board with no plaster, then a screw type anchor will be better, or a toggle bolt, those expanding plastic anchors will not be best for gypsum board. If this is a particularly heavy, or extended mounting, I'd consider mounting the TV mount to a piece of finished plywood so that the plywood extends up from the base of the mount up to a couple feet, and the top of the plywood is anchored to the wall, this reduces the pull out force on the anchors and turns the load into shear, which the anchors will withstand much easier.