Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Move of a track loader across three or four provinces

fredb ยท 2011-07-24 02:33

The other day,when searching for a 977H on the internet, I found one in Ontario. Question: Is there someone who would know of a way to move the machine from Ontario to BC, Canada, for a more reasonable charge. I asked CPR and they want close to $ 10'000. I feel there should be a cheaper way.... Anyone, please. Thanks.

Replies16
  1. #1OldandWorn2011-07-24 08:55

    I think you need to look for something closer unfortunately. It's not likely a trucker could slip one of these babies on if he has some extra room. Do you have online shipping up there where truckers bid on jobs? You might give some of them a try especially if you can wait. Maybe you could find an empty truck heading back to BC. I wonder if the bucket is too wide for normal transport?

  2. #2Phill2011-07-24 16:03

    you can try tow411 and see if some one has a lowboy going back to BC heres a link. http://tow411.yuku.com/forums/112/Back-Hauls-amp-Transport

  3. #3JimInOz2011-07-24 18:57

    I was looking thru Rock&Dirt or Machinery Trader online last week.....I think I saw a TRANSPORT section there somewhere. I'd be looking for online bidding,as suggested.Give them exact dimensions & weight ,so there's no issues later on.I always send a picture too,just so they know the machine. Jim

  4. #4245dlc2011-07-24 23:27

    For a 977 it shouldn't be to much more than $5,000 or $6,000 they're not that wide and heavy that you would need to dismantle anything on it, a tri-axle lowbed trailer should be sufficient to transport it.

  5. #5fredb2011-07-25 00:17

    move of a 977H Thank you for your input, OldandWorn; I have no idea as to whether we have online shipping here. How would one go about it to find out?----The loader bucket is said to be 8' wide.

  6. #6fredb2011-07-25 00:28

    Move of a 977 H Thank you for your lines, Jim. I have to see how to find my way through this.... Fred

  7. #7fredb2011-07-25 00:43

    Move of a 977 H Yes, 245dic, that's exactly what I was thinking, too. The GP-buckets of the 977 H-s are said to be 8' wide and the weight of a machine without ripper, etc. should be between 37'000- 38'000 lbs. (17 metr. tonnes). Thanks.

  8. #8fredb2011-07-25 00:48

    Move of a977 H Thank you for your link, Phill. Fred

  9. #9OldandWorn2011-07-25 06:29

    I would start with a Google search for "online trucking quotes" or something of that nature. The more accurate your search words are the better your results. I know there are tons out there but I have only used "uship.com" for a quote here in the states once. They have rating systems and customer feedback which can help to make a decision.

  10. #10norite2011-07-25 16:50

    I'd look into how much it would cost to ship through the U.S. Fuel and trucks are cheaper there and apparently business is still slow compared to Canada. I have no idea how much red tape crossing the border would be, shouldn't be too bad if you prepare ahead of time.

  11. #11Burnout2011-07-27 01:09

    I don't know your money situation and how cheap the 77 is that you are looking at but would it be possible to find one closer? There doesn't seem to be a huge shortage of them. I have seen 2 or 3 for sale here in Edmonton alone.

  12. #12fredb2011-07-28 01:59

    Move of a 977 H Again, thanks for your thoughts, OldandWorn.

  13. #13fredb2011-07-28 02:10

    977 h It could be a way to go, norite, even though a bit complicated, it seems to me. Thank you for your thought.

  14. #14fredb2011-07-28 02:54

    move of a 977 H You're basically right, Burnout, to find a machine closer to home. I placed a couple of ads and there was only one reply from Manitoba, and that one's price was too high for me. Nothing in BC. Due to a money scam where I lost my savings, I can't pay more than about 10'000 or so. Hence my idea was to find a decent machine with about 50% u/c and try to build up my savings again. The 77 from Ont. has that, even though it has a broken track spring and some other minor faults, but doesn't show signs of misuse. The price is low. - Incidentally, I have no connections to sales, I just went by ads.

  15. #15spitzair2011-07-28 23:22

    Fred, Is it specifically an H that you're looking for? Reason I'm asking is a fellow I know has a 977K I believe, and he hasn't used it in years. I don't know what shape it's in but if you're interested I can put you in touch with him. The machine is in Squamish and the fellow owns a trucking company so might be able to work out a pretty good deal for you. Let me know if you're interested.

  16. #16fredb2011-07-29 01:57

    Looking for a 977 H Yes, Tobi, I'm after a 77 H only, but thank you for asking.... Fred