John Deere 655B track loader burnt mostly in and under cab area. Tracks on One side will roll but not the other. Bucket is pinned up. Any tips or tricks to help get this on a trailer?
Disclaimer: I'm no expert on the 655b but gone thru similar issues with a big rubber tired loader. YMMV !!!! Is the track burnt and seized? Also, it looks like the drive is hydrostatic so if it isn't burnt bad you might have a fail safe spring brake that is still working. There might be a hydraulic port on the finals somewhere that you can pump up to release the brake. It could probably be pumped up with a porta power pump or even a grease gun. If this is workable, you'll need a valve or a one way grease nipple to hold the pressure on the brake. If this won't work, then maybe you could open up the final if it can be opened from the outside and pull the planet gears to disconnect the drive--but this might not work if the e-brake is attached directly to the sprocket!! If all else fails, a 30 ton crane starts to look pretty good. Good luck Jon.
It is hydrostatic drive. Tracks not burnt seized. I assume the hydrostatic drive has it braked. Not sure why one side is released. Don’t want to have the expense of a Crain.
Have recovered lots of burnt track equipment remove final cover pull first gear reinstall cover drag wherever you need
How do I go about pulling the gear? Any idea Where is the final drive cover on a 655B Deere? Thanks!
Oops might have stepped on my own d@ck. Quick internet search shows tires on that machine
No it has tracks.
Can post pictures?? Generally speaking is outside cover. Pop that off and will see lots of gears. Remove first gear(sun gear) and then install outer cover. Full disclosure machine now has no brakes!!!
Ya just saw your picture. Would look at parts break down. See if bolts by sprocket will remove final or just sprocket
Is this what I’m looking for?
Sooooooo. What am seeing from parts break down. Item 12 bolts hold final cover on. Need to remove all dirt packed clay by sprocket to see bolts
There is a pump jack under the floor board I believe on the right side to release the brakes for towing. You do not need to pull any gears.
Not familiar with that but I’ll look at a parts diagram again for a pump jack. That section is burned the worst and I’m pretty sure the hydraulic hoses are gone.
Mg2361- is this what you are referring to? If so, how do you activate it?
i'm gonna guess #19 is the pump piston, and goes through bellows #22, and you'll either have a handle there, or mounted nearby, or you have to fashion one? to pump the #19 piston pump. Can't even guess which one is the valve to close first, but I'd assume there is a valve to close, then pump?
Yep, see below. There are no valves to turn on/off. Just pump off the brake. Step on center pedal to reapply the brake.
MG2361- thank you! That’s exactly what I needed.