Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

moving a deere 410-B… sitting for years

Onedakine ยท 2011-07-23 08:39

My neighbor has a john deere 410b back hoe that I can have for a grand or so...great deal I think, and a great project. It has ben siting outside wasting away now for probably 5 years in fl not by the coast but summer rains and sun has taken it's tool on it. I need to move it from my neighbors property to mine. so I can go over it and try to get it going again. Front tires are flat just need air tho I think, but the hoe is extended and the feet are down. what would be a good procedure for pulling it. It only needs to move a few 1000 yrd to my property. Any advice would be a big help.

Replies4
  1. #1Mikefromcny2011-07-23 16:17

    Good luck, I am in the process of fixing up an old case forklift that was basicly in the same situation. I would think the stabilizers could be pulled up with a come along. The stick and boom might be able to be pulled in with a come along as well. Post some pictures if you can.

  2. #2Deon2011-07-23 21:35

    According to my 310D operators manual, it can be towed for 1 hr. no faster than 12 mph. I would think that the 310B can be towed slowly with all shift levers in neutral for that distance without any worry of damage.

  3. #3Tinkerer2011-07-23 23:18

    Don't forget to put the control levers in the up position while raising the outriggers and boom. And release them after getting everything up.

  4. #4Onedakine2011-07-24 07:51

    Thanks for the replys and advice! I'll get some pics of it. This thing has ben put on the back burner for a while... Till I get back. (Got the call you never want to get) Best bud is in the hospital diagnosed with Leukemia. Hiting the road this morning.