Old bustard bucket was and stayed in the way, time it went down to the barn for a more permanent and less in my face place. Allis did NOT enjoy picking it up so far out, it did make the goose tires squat and yes they were aired up, Best can tell this piece of over engineering is like 6-7000# by itself. I set up the lower pin support foot as it is also backside heavy.
Beer $ or whiskey $? Better yet gas $ to come down here....
Not sold, just moved to a more permanent location OUT of My Way down at my barn on the lower forty!! If I had intended to scrap it would have been cut up in teensy tiny little pieces called Clean for the best change!! That may yet happen.
whats that bucket off of? looks to be in fairly good cond.
Looks like a nice 4 in 1 bucket . Little cutting , welding & hydro plumbing could vision it on the Allis -Chalmers .
WAS On that Allis, heavy, awkward and almost useless on it, is not a typical 4/1 but a Multi Purpose(MP). All that linkage and hinged mechanism on the sides moves, 12 pins, not including the bucket mounts rotate. I rebuilt the GP to replace it but left the third valve and lines available should I find a need to ever re-install it. As stated, OVER - Enganeered!!
serious clamper right there
Tried picking up a locust with it, cut or sheared it instead of grappling. No sensation in the hydraulics of load with all that leverage.
That's an interesting bucket the way it works with the linkage . Don't think I've ever seen anything like it .
Believe it or not, I know where another sits!! And is NOT on its machine EITHER!! Made by Ulrich MFG Roanoke IL. They at last count were no longer in business.
Gawd awful heavy SOB and clumsy no matter what you try to do with it.
I'm about 15 minutes from Roanoke IL, thats cool!
Company was on the west end of town, uncertain what ended up going in the old facility but they closed shop around the same time Allis and FA merged to shut down.
I did a good job turning mine into a pretzel today! I would rather find something else than fix that disaster.
Now that sucks. All that will require custom fab work as I have been told each of these damn buckets tended to be unique. Best option, find a CAT 4/1 or go to a GP and a grapple adapted.
I decided to tackle the pig. I am still going to call around and see what’s out there. I figured I have nothing to lose on this turd.
After taking the heavy turd off mine I may not EVER put it back on, good grief that 'Pig' is a heavy waste of steel!! Mine weighed in at 6500# BY ITSELF!! BTW nice old Fleetliner
Judging by the added plates and welds this has happened before to this.
I think I would be backing the pressure off that circuit regardless if you repair or replace. We always ran the pressure a little on the low side. At least check and see where it's set. You have to be careful when biting something of unequal size or off center. I ran a many 4 n 1's in my day and loved them Drott was the preferred brand. The only one I saw tore up was when the operator had the clam open and hooked a stump And backed up.
kb and I as another I know of in CA have these Odd ball monsters. Ulrich buckets. I weighed mine 6500 pounds BY ITSELF. can actually state until I saw this one I had never seen one and now I have seen three!!! All that crap on the sides MOVES, six pins per SIDE not including the bucket mounts! I consider my tired Allis safe now with a GP on it as well the operating hydraulic pressure is lower than a comparable Cat so not a chance of self destructing!!