Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

moving house

expatracer ยท 2009-11-27 21:25

here's a little job i got pulled off to do sorry no during or before pictures just finished. when i got there the foundations where still there the ground went up to the front door. so excavation demo of the foundations and load out in 3 days

Replies4
  1. #1Wolf2009-11-28 14:46

    why are they bothering to move that house. doesn't look like much. why not just demo it down?

  2. #290plow2009-11-28 18:22

    Thats what I was thinking...

  3. #3expatracer2009-11-28 19:49

    From what i was told the gentleman that owns this house built it 30yrs ago with his wife who has since passed on. The new gateway project is building behind his house the new truck route for vancouver ports they have bought the back 100 ft of his land to build the road so instead of tearing down the house he just want to move it forward ,its a nice neighborhood that over looks the fraser river the new road is going to be a long way down the hill from the house but they need the land to cut the slopes in.

  4. #4td25c2009-11-28 20:09

    Hey ,that looks like a neet job expatracer.Just about all structural moving jobs have interesting storys that go whith them.I worked for a man when I was in high school that done structural moving.Needless to say it was never boring,and I learned alot from him.I take a small moving job from time to time.Cool pictures!