Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

moving snow

stock ยท 2009-02-25 14:18

A rather unique demo job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS2FM21OCAk

Replies10
  1. #1oriden2009-02-26 23:03

    that must be fun !

  2. #2hollow12009-03-12 21:21

    looking for a relative.. As a man who has obviously worked a wee while in ireland i wondered have u ever met an uncle of mine. Ab pryce. Worked for cat for many years as far ass i know.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2009-03-12 23:52

    I wonder why they didn't use a wheel loader? Seems like it would be faster.

  4. #4oriden2009-03-13 00:37

    higher reach? and it can climb the snow pile better maby..who knows their chineise!

  5. #5catd8t2009-03-13 00:52

    send an 800 over their ill take care of it man that would fun

  6. #6Cretebaby2009-03-13 09:03

    Endloader would work good until it fell down on you

  7. #7Steve Frazier2009-03-13 09:17

    I thought about that, but I'd think if you were careful in how you attacked it you'd be ok. It seems that since they're tearing it down that they must need the space instead of letting it melt away so I figured they're going to have to load it out anyway, might as well save a step. It wouldn't be much different than digging at a high banked pit, if you pay attention you're ok.

  8. #8CM19952009-03-13 09:48

    Guys take a look at the video again, I think he is making a snow sculpture.

  9. #9landrvrnut222009-03-13 11:18

    I'm sorry, but that would suck. Boom up, stick out, boom down, stick in, curl, fluff. ALL DAY LONG. Sorry, that doesn't seem like one bit of fun.

  10. #10Wolf2009-03-13 13:47

    That's the Sapporo (Japan) Snow Festival. When the festival is over, the ice sculptures come donw. Awesome video, cool demo job.