ec 700 loading A40D in 1 minute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0npUMxpGVwI
First it said no longer available, its back now. I wonder why he doesnt put a 4th bucket on the C@ts its not like he has too many trucks or that they are full.
that is because the cat trucks will use to much fuel if the 4th bucket comes on them that is why the company has bought the volvos to replace the cat trucks whwn it comes to articulated dumptrucks nothing can compare to a volvo not even a cat
somebody did some serious production / fuel usage calculations :notworthy Well, I take it somebody checked, its not just your belief. Do you know if they have tested a Bell in the same set up? I hear, and have read reports that outfits here that have tried them have been very pleasantly suprised. NO! I dont work for any manufacturer ON EDIT, I wonder if that is a fair comparison, different size trucks. Volvo A40 / C@T 735 or are they equal despite the numbering?
My experience with these trucks is that A-35 burns about 4.5 gallons per hour, A-40 about 5 gallons per hour, and Cat 740 burns about 9 gallons per hour, running on the same haul. The Cat runs a little faster, but it was new, and the Volvos had about 10,000 hrs on them. The EC 700 is a great hoe, in my opinion. Outworks a 375 Cat by over 80 loads in 40 ton artics in an 8 hr day, and burn 30 gallons less fuel doing it.
yes they have seriously tested and calculated everything on this site down to the smallest detail all the work cykles is planned down to seconds i know most of the operators in the crew and you can be sure that evry load os loaded at the same time 65 seconds for 4 buckets evry time:notworthyif the cat trucks gets the number 4 bucket the speed will drop so drastic that they allmost stand still the quartssand in this quarry is very heavy to drive.... there has been a bell B50 out on site and they where happy about it but they chose the volvo because of the resale value volvo a40/cat 735 is not the same size the volvo is a bit bigger but matced the ec 700 perfect they now has 4 A40s all the cats has been sold the cats where bought together with an cat 365CL
sound just about right the cats are hard on the fuel:Bangheadi the operator in the ec 700 says that he can load 4 buskets with the volvo in the same time that the 365cl loads 3 buckets and the volvo bucket is 500 liters bigger than the cat
Really? This is the second time this week that someone has raved about Volvo hoes to me. The first guy is a buddy of mine and said, "My #@!#@!#@ Volvo 160 will dig a hole, push my old Cat 315 in and cover it up, before the Cat could even move." "I'm serious!!" But he's tellng me this and there the machine sits in front of me with chains ALL kinked up....2400 hours 2007 machine..... Hey you know, heated seat, intermitted wiper, stereo, and kinked up chains - all standard equipment!
Thanks grunk that is very intresting. :drinkup Looking at the comment from Jerry about the fuel usage I was wondering how somebody had worked out that the extra bucket was going to cost more in fuel used to haul it, but what it also caused was travel speed and bogging problems which makes sense. :beerchug
Now Jerry, is it really fair to compare a Volvo EC700 to a 375?:stirthepot If it's anything like our 375 was, it's slower than molasses in February:Banghead On a serious(er?) note. Do you have any pics of your 700?
Jim I know, they are just not even in the same league. The Volvo 700 compares pretty good with a Komatsu 750, in my opinion. I have some pretty good pictures of the 700, but they are all on my back up drive, so I will try to remember to copy some next time I plug in to it. (Its not here) Yea, the 375 is slow. The arguement is at will last longer, but my opinion is that it has to last much longer just to come anywhere close to moving as much dirt in its lifetime as the Volvo or Komatsu will
Jerry, Have you/your company ever tried out a 385 (B or C model)? I know that they are a little bigger than the pc750, 375, or ec700, but I wonder how they compare to the rest.
Jim Haven't had the opportunity to try the 385 out. I have heard they are much improved, but have not seen it firsthand.
must be nice to dig in sand all day
Not really fair to compare a 700 to even a 375. As they seem to be closer to a 365. Pictures courtesy of a friend.
Maybe on paper they spec closer to a 365, but in production, the 700 Volvo is the only thing I have had that would match the PC 750 Komatsu. A 365 will match the 375 in production, but would not out dig it. My application is mass excavation of anything from shot rock to potato dirt, and it does not matter which, the big cat machines I have been around are slow pigs, and thirsty ones at that. I say this, and I have 2-375's. When I have my 9cy bucket on the 375, I can get up to 280 to 300 loads in an 8hr day, but with the standard mass excavation bucket it runs 240 to 260 loads. 365's I have been around are about the same. 700 Volvo and 750 Komatsu both get up around 320 to 340 loads in the same 8 hrs. I am loading a mix of A-40 and A-35C, and the 35's have sideboards so they carry about the same as the 40's do. That is a very substantial difference. By the way Turbo, Nice demo pics of the 700
Hi there! I`m a new guy in this forum. Can anyone help out and tell what is EC700 diesel consumption per hour? Thanks in advance.